Discussion topic: Sky is constantly breaking up it has been for about 5 days at least but i thought it could be the w

This message was authored by Kirk777 This message was authored by: Kirk777

Sky is constantly breaking up it has been for about 5 days at least but i thought it could be the w

Sky is breaking up all the time it has been  for days 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky is constantly breaking up it has been for about 5 days at least but i thought it could be t

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Check your signal strengths: Services > Settings > Signal.

The white part of all 4 bars should be at least half way across.

Kirk777
Topic Author

Re: Sky is constantly breaking up it has been for about 5 days at least but i thought it could be t

It's still breaking up and all four bars of signal are over three quarters full.  As I'm writing this the bottom two signal bars dropped out too nothing 

Kirk777
Topic Author

It's still breaking up and all four bars of signal are over three quarters full.  As I'm writing this the bottom two signal bars dropped out too nothing.  Yeah the bottom two bars out of the four keep dropping out completely 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

You'll need to call someone out as the signal is being lost but first check the cables at the back of the box to see that they are screwed in (finger tight) properly

This message was authored by wumph This message was authored by: wumph

Mine only breaks on Channel 5 or 5+1.  Sometimes on recordings other times when actually watching.   If I go to Catch up I can sometimes download programme and it is OK. All other channels are fine.  I have done the service help and sky re-build which seems to work for a few days.  This is on UK and also on USA programmes.  Any ideas please.  I cannot get Sky Q.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@wumph wrote:

Mine only breaks on Channel 5 or 5+1.  Sometimes on recordings other times when actually watching.   If I go to Catch up I can sometimes download programme and it is OK. All other channels are fine.  I have done the service help and sky re-build which seems to work for a few days.  This is on UK and also on USA programmes.  Any ideas please.  I cannot get Sky Q.

Dish alignment, failing LNB or dodgy box, best to call someone out an take a look

BTW catchup is not affected by dish issues as it comes from your broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion