Discussion topic: Sky+hd box slow to access catch up and box sets

This message was authored by mr.tickle This message was authored by: mr.tickle

Re: Sky+hd box slow to access catch up and box sets

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lesley2957 wrote:

Yes I'm sure it is hard to pinpoint but i didn't want it quietly forgotten by the sky support teams as people weren't posting.

Eh? The Sky support teams do not use this website.

I REPEAT:

Please remember that this is a customer-to-customer website with a few kind Sky employees popping in from time to time unofficially. You do not get 24/7 support from Sky, or any official support from Sky at all, here. If you want official support, you must contact Sky yourself.

--
I do not have a sig other than this message. Sky+HD.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
lesley2957
Topic Author
This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

In my recent post I was referring to the post on 1st January 2024 by Kev who styled himself as the community support manager and is a sky employee. He marked the strand as answered (when it wasn't). He stated that the problem was being investigated by the sky support team and promised to give updates in due course. I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for an update after a week .

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@lesley2957 wrote:

In my recent post I was referring to the post on 1st January 2024 by Kev who styled himself as the community support manager and is a sky employee. He marked the strand as answered (when it wasn't). He stated that the problem was being investigated by the sky support team and promised to give updates in due course. I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for an update after a week .

Kev explained that the thread was marked as answered.so that the current position was easy to find. The answer can change in light of further progress.

In an organisation the size of Sky, and bearing in mind this is not a show-stopping problem, an update can easily take longer than a week

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

Had no issues since Saturday and downloaded over 50 programme's but perhaps I am just lucky.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mark39 wrote:

@lesley2957 wrote:

I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for an update after a week .

In an organisation the size of Sky, and bearing in mind this is not a show-stopping problem, an update can easily take longer than a week

Particularly a week containing New Years Day.

I'd imagine a fair proportion of the workforce weren't back until the 8th.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Well I did bring this to their attention in middle of December so although mine now appears to be fixed for the moment to defend them by making excuses re staff shortages due to Xmas etc is really not acceptable but you obviously have more affinity with them then many of their long term customers like myself who expect faster responses.Having been with them for over 22years and being a top VIP seems to make no difference at all and I am sure I am not the only one with this opinion.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Oddie2004 wrote:

.Having been with them for over 22years and being a top VIP seems to make no difference at all and I am sure I am not the only one with this opinion.

Pretty sure they wouldn't be the deciding factors.

The severity of the fault (low, as it materialises only for a few hours), the number of customers affected (how widely it has been reported) and the fact that Sky+ is a legacy system are more likely to be factors which determine the priority assigned to it.

The VIP status of one customer is unlikely to make any difference.

This message was authored by bemusedJohn This message was authored by: bemusedJohn

Has this been fixed now as I am still unable to down load from sky catch-up on my 2 off HD boxes on BT full fibre.

lesley2957
Topic Author
This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

It would be nice if Kev the Sky Community Manager could give us an update on how the investigation is progressing. It is now 17 days since his post.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@lesley2957 wrote:

It would be nice if Kev the Sky Community Manager could give us an update on how the investigation is progressing. It is now 17 days since his post.

If there was any new news he would have posted already!

lesley2957
Topic Author

Well I would still expect him to give an update even if it's only to say that they haven't been able to find what the problem is and the investigation is ongoing.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@lesley2957 wrote:

Well I would still expect him to give an update even if it's only to say that they haven't been able to find what the problem is and the investigation is ongoing.

🙄

This message was authored by mr.tickle This message was authored by: mr.tickle

@lesley2957 wrote:

No. That's definitely not how it works - please see the earlier posts.

--
I do not have a sig other than this message. Sky+HD.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.

I have had no issues for over 2 weeks now and downloads and catch up are working fine on all channels so suspect it may be certain areas that are still having problems which are weather related.Suggest rebooting,disconnecting and reconnecting everything if all else fails or getting a new router.

This message was authored by daddybear14 This message was authored by: daddybear14

I have been having the same issues as the other posters except that my problem only just started a few days ago and is happening randomly at any time during day or evening.

My ISP is Plusnet and I live about 10 miles south of Lincoln.

WiFi works fine on other devices in the house (tablets, chromebook) and strength always stated at least as "good".

My +HD  box is not WiFi enabled and the connection is made using  a Mini Wireless Connector SD501 via USB plug. This has been working trouble-free for a good few years now and I suppose it could be failing simply through old age?

I wonder if this could be a common item with other people with the same catchup problems? Maybe other posters could let us know who has the same set-up --if any?

Every other function of the box is working perfectly.

This is not a life-changing problem, but it is quite a nuisance having been used to it previously been OK.  Hope we can all get some  resolution somehow.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion