Discussion topic: Sky+hd box slow to access catch up and box sets

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky+hd box slow to access catch up and box sets

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Morning Everyone

Our support teams continue to investigate this issue and have asked us to find out who everyone's broadband providers are. Can you post and let me know please?

BT Halo 3+ fibre

This message was authored by Oddie2004 This message was authored by: Oddie2004

SKY.LOL

Its fine during the day but generally unstable between 8pm and 1130pm every evening.

I am speaking to Executive Response Group this morning re something else so will bring it up again

Does anyone know if its happening on Q aswell

Thankyou

Julian

lesley2957
Topic Author
This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

In reply to KevNewMedia my broadband provider is Virgin Media. I have exactly the same problem as oddie 2004 - there is no problem with the on demand service during the day but seems to be unstable every evening (and I'm now checking) between 8pm and 11pm.

This message was authored by Johnao This message was authored by: Johnao

I have exactly the same issues with "catch-up" as everyone else. I have two Sky + HD boxes.

I have BT Halo 3

Internet functionality on all other devices,( iPad, tv apps, pc etc, ) are working perfectly OK during the "catch-up" downtime during the evening 

Both Sky+HD boxes fail at the same time, all other devices using the internet work OK. So, it's not the Sky boxes or the internet. 

I look forward to seeing this issue resolved as soon as possible, thanks.

This message was authored by Mackemholic This message was authored by: Mackemholic

And at 21:15 it's OF AGAIN  2 nights in a row 

lesley2957
Topic Author
This message was authored by lesley2957 This message was authored by: lesley2957

Well for the first time in a month I haven't had any problem tonight. I'm not going to celebrate too much until its not a problem for several nights in a row. 

This message was authored by CSH123456 This message was authored by: CSH123456

Mine was very slow and didnt load properly on the Sky cinema pages when I tried it about 10pm, it was connected to the broadband though. It seems to affect catch up, cinema and boxsets

This message was authored by Jill3107 This message was authored by: Jill3107

Having exactly the same issue. Cannot access catch up TV at all via the box. Am able to use the sky go app and download to the box that way but that's just a temporary fix as far as I'm concerned.

Broadband provider is Sky.

This message was authored by Legion28 This message was authored by: Legion28

Just to add his is happening again tonight, as usual, starting around 20:00

This message was authored by Mackemholic This message was authored by: Mackemholic

Well it's 20:36 AND ITS RUNNING SLOW AGAIN, 3 nights in a row 

This message was authored by Ayubsheikh This message was authored by: Ayubsheikh

Re: On demand and catch up not working

How can I get help with sky demand and catch up not loading.  So much for 24/7 help.

This message was authored by mr.tickle This message was authored by: mr.tickle

Re: On demand and catch up not working

@Ayubsheikh wrote:

How can I get help with sky demand and catch up not loading?

If you don't want to contact Sky directly yourself, which is the only real answer, you could subscribe to this thread for email updates when someone replies, now that it's been escalated within Sky.

Please remember that this is a customer-to-customer website with a few kind Sky employees popping in from time to time unofficially. You do not get 24/7 support from Sky, or any official support from Sky at all, here. If you want official support, you must contact Sky yourself.

--
I do not have a sig other than this message. Sky+HD.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
lesley2957
Topic Author

It is now 7 days since Kev the community support leader reported that the support teams were looking into this issue. Can we have an update please?

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@lesley2957 wrote:

It is now 7 days since Kev the community support leader reported that the support teams were looking into this issue. Can we have an update please?

Presumably there's no update to give, other than it's still being investigated. Given it only affects some customers and not others I'd imagine the cause is hard to pinpoint. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
lesley2957
Topic Author

Yes I'm sure it is hard to pinpoint but i didn't want it quietly forgotten by the sky support teams as people weren't posting.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion