Discussion topic: Sky box not receiving signal,even when trying to watch pre recorded programmes, it just says its i

This message was authored by BJHill64 This message was authored by: BJHill64

Sky box not receiving signal,even when trying to watch pre recorded programmes, it just says its i

Sky box keeps saying there's an issue,can't even watch pre recorded items,says its still initialising,after 20 minutes,does anyone know how to resolve this please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky box not receiving signal,even when trying to watch pre recorded programmes, it just says its

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Turn off at the plug and check that the dish cables are still securely connected. If the 'initialising' fault persists after you switch back on, you'll need an engineer as the box isn't receiving a satellite signal. If you're connected to a communal dish, speak to your landlord or their managing agent, otherwise give Sky a call to book an engineer.

BJHill64
Topic Author
This message was authored by BJHill64 This message was authored by: BJHill64

Re: Sky box not receiving signal,even when trying to watch pre recorded programmes, it just says its

@Mark39 thank you for getting back to me,I did finally get through to sky and they're sending out an engineer,I've had the box since 2009 so it could be that as well,getting an upgrade now,at last,thanks again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion