Discussion topic: Sky+ Remote Control Range

This message was authored by lollipop This message was authored by: lollipop

Re: Sky+ Remote Control Range

Just had sky+ installed my remote only works within 5 feet of box as well.!!!!! 

This message was authored by Lizzie+Burda This message was authored by: Lizzie+Burda

Did this get resolved ? I have the same issue. New box and now the remote will only work within a few feet! Was fine before! 🤷🏻‍♀️

LizzieB
This message was authored by simster99 This message was authored by: simster99

Never resolved other than to have it confirmed there's no new Sky+ boxes they're all refurbished. A cynic may say the range is reduced and other effects like general instability (as I had)  would be easy to incorporate into such refurbishment and you may even be offered a big initial discount on SkyQ if one pushes hard enough. But not me. 

This message was authored by Lizzie+Burda This message was authored by: Lizzie+Burda

Yes, I understand that they are all refurbished. 
we had SkyQ taken out, as the shared recording  just wasn't working for us. 
We have sorted it by using another box we had knocking around .... obviously the one they installed had the 'problem' built in 😉

LizzieB
This message was authored by Cardiff+Tim This message was authored by: Cardiff+Tim

Hi

My sky+ box failed and I had to have a new one. Old box I could control from anywhere in the room - new one only 5 feet and it's the same control - so it has to be the box

Sky chap told me all the boxes were now being made with reduced power to make them more green - new ones don't have RF output for the same reason

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cardiff+Tim wrote:

Sky chap told me all the boxes were now being made with reduced power to make them more green - new ones don't have RF output for the same reason

I don't think that's right. There are no new Sky+ boxes. Even the most recent boxes are 6-7 years old now. RF sockets were replaced by an IO port so as to make room for the on-board wifi capability, which previous models didn't have.

This message was authored by Zazzerharris This message was authored by: Zazzerharris

I'm a bit late to this issue as it's been fairly recent for me.  Remote only working at short range = very annoying.  You mention a free app you use to control your Sky box - what is the app in question?  I'd like to try it out to see if it puts me out of my misery.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zazzerharris 

Try the Sky+ app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion