Discussion topic: SKY + Box not receiving SKY HD channels

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: SKY + Box not receiving SKY HD channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kapelomi wrote:

I still believe that it was something that Sky had changed at that time at end of March.

It doesn't really add up. As the signal was re-established once the cables had been changed, it seems fairly conclusive that they were the culprit. Unless whatever you think Sky changed at the end of March was suddenly reversed by them in the few minutes it took the engineer to change the cables? 

Kapelomi
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kapelomi This message was authored by: Kapelomi

Mark, I had a long conversation with customer services on Wednesday evening who then contacted someone in the tech dept. The conversation had started from a position where over 250 mainly HD channels were not working for me. By the time the conversation had finished and I was informed that they had done something, many of those channels were working, but would send an engineer to check things for me. I believe they also paired my viewing card remotely. When the engineer came on Friday morning less than 40 of the channels were still not working! The change to the cables has solved that issue.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kapelomi wrote:

Mark, I had a long conversation with customer services on Wednesday evening who then contacted someone in the tech dept. The conversation had started from a position where over 250 mainly HD channels were not working for me. By the time the conversation had finished and I was informed that they had done something, many of those channels were working, but would send an engineer to check things for me. I believe they also paired my viewing card remotely. When the engineer came on Friday morning less than 40 of the channels were still not working! The change to the cables has solved that issue.

Over 250 channels would be mainly non-HD channels, there are under 150 HD channels being broadcast in the entire UK by all services (Virgin, Freeview, sky etc..) combined

Customer services are not that reliable with the info given to customers as they are known for saying anything just to get to the next caller 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion