Discussion topic: SKY + Box not receiving SKY HD channels

This message was authored by Kapelomi This message was authored by: Kapelomi

SKY + Box not receiving SKY HD channels

Since Friday 24th March my SKY +  HD box has not been receiving any of the SKY HD channels. SKY Sports HD channels are working ok, as are the terrestrial HD channels BBC,ITV etc. etc. Despite several lengthy calls to the help agents the issue has not been resolved. A box re-build and a new viewing card has also not made any difference. Is anyone else having similar issues? With regard to the TV Guide on the box, the SKY HD channels which are not working are showing on numbers above 800 whereas the standard definition channels are ok from 106 onwards.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SKY + Box not receiving SKY HD channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kapelomi wrote:

Since Friday 24th March my SKY +  HD box has not been receiving any of the SKY HD channels.

What is happening when you try to view them, do you get a no satellite signal message or an upgrade one ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Kapelomi
Topic Author

The message I get looks to be an upgrade one. Press red button, then a message that there is a problem and contact sky with a telephone number. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Kapelomi check your bill - does it show a subscription for the HD add-on?

Kapelomi
Topic Author

Yes I've been paying subscription for HD channels for a few years

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Looks like an account issue, rather than hardware to me. If you wish we can ask one of the Community advisers to take a look. They'll need to contact you via the forum's private messaging service. Is that something you'd like to try?

Kapelomi
Topic Author

I have had 3 hour long discussions over 4 days last week with the help advisors, without any luck, so not sure whether that would help. Have also submitted a complaint today as I had been told I would be contacted on Friday and wasn't!  It may well be an account issue but the advisors I spoke with should have been able to spot that.

This message was authored by Insurance+Man This message was authored by: Insurance+Man

Same thing is happening to me and from the exact same date. It's driving me mad trying to sort it. Several calls to Sky. Three engineer visits. No-one seems to know what is happening. Can anyone help me please? I do have HD subscription and I'm sure it was working before 24/3. Even tried a spare Sky + box but same problem.

This message was authored by Insurance+Man This message was authored by: Insurance+Man

Did you manage to resolve this? Something similar is happening to my Sky + and from that same date.

@Kapelomi 

Please advise if resolved as I have a similar issue. I thought I had posted 2 replies but I don't see them.

This message was authored by Nappapete This message was authored by: Nappapete

I have the same problem from the same date and like kampeloni I have been paying my subscription for years. The shy+had box doesn’t not receive had channels since March 25th.

Kapelomi
Topic Author

My problem has now been resolved, after a visit by a Sky engineer. He replaced the 2 cables from the satellite dish to my HD+ box. I'm now able to receive all the HD channels. I'm not entirely convinced that the issue with the cables caused the entire problem, as after yet another call to Sky something was done by the techy people, that got most of the channels working before the engineer visit was arranged. I believe that they were able to make a change and pair my viewing card remotely to my box. 

This message was authored by Nappapete This message was authored by: Nappapete

It just struck me as a bit coincidental that three of us had the same problem on the same day - maybe there is just a lot of us. Thank you though since having struggled to get any help from the chat and other sky support methods it’s nice to know I am not being stupid. I will get the engineer out.

Kapelomi
Topic Author

When the engineer visited I showed him the channels that were not working on my box, and then showed him the signal info from the services tab. On all the channels that were not working the signal was not locked on Input 2, and there was no signal quality or signal strength showing. Then he checked the cables and changed them. I still believe that it was something that Sky had changed at that time at end of March.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Kapelomi wrote:

When the engineer visited I showed him the channels that were not working on my box, and then showed him the signal info from the services tab. On all the channels that were not working the signal was not locked on Input 2, and there was no signal quality or signal strength showing. Then he checked the cables and changed them. I still believe that it was something that Sky had changed at that time at end of March.

How did you come to that conclusion 😞 A degradation in signal is a hardware issue with the signal from the dish something that is impossible to introduce remotely

I think you have been listening to too many conspiracy theories 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion