Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Hi. I used viewerR@sky.uk.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kayelaina wrote:

Hi. I used viewerR@sky.uk.

That's the,right one to use. Any other email address for Sky is likely to be unmonitored.

This message was authored by emteepeeess This message was authored by: emteepeeess

Have had the same problem - except on BBC and ITV, any attempt to download fails.

You get the SCHEDULED message, followed quickly by DOWNLOADING - which shows programme duration and file size (so I assume it's getting metadata) - the SCHEDULED for a few seconds, followed by FAILED.

As mentioned there was an issue in November, but there's also been a similar, but inconsistent, error with HD downloads for some time.

And it's happening on multiple ISPs - so not an ISP protocol issue.

My gut feeling is that they've been moving to a different Content Delivery Network, and something has changed that affects Sky+ boxes.

80% of my viewing is download or catchup, so I'm missing a lot.

And, like many, I have no plans to switch to Q - at least as long as it's not possible to view the Sky+ programmes after the switch.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@emteepeeess wrote:

And, like many, I have no plans to switch to Q - at least as long as it's not possible to view the Sky+ programmes after the switch.

Well that will never change. 

I have no plans to change to Sky Q either, but am having no problem at all with Downloads, so whatever the problem is it's not affecting all Sky+HD boxes. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

If it really where an ISP issue then moving to skyQ would not help as you would still be connecting via the same ISP and IP address.

It is just frustrating. Sky were quick to use the ISP excuse. Once it was proved that was not the issue and they acknowledged the issue sat with them there has been radio silence in regard to any updates. I watch most shows on download and have been unable to do so since Tuesday but they will happily take my full payment for a service I can not use.

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

@oj01 - just for interest in case it shows a potential cause / fix  what Model number and version number does your box show?

Mine is R024.092.11.00P and 4f3151.

Who is your ISP.

@MogwaiSatTV wrote:

@oj01 - just for interest in case it shows a potential cause / fix  what Model number and version number does your box show?

Mine is R024.092.11.00P and 4f3151.

Who is your ISP.

Same Model Number (which is actually the Software version which hasn't changed in a long time and probably never will). 

Version Number 4f31a6 (which is the box hardware number) 

ISP is TalkTalk 

Staying on Sky+HD

I have the same model version 4f31e9

My ISP is also Talk Talk but like others can only download BBC or ITV and it has been like this since Tuesday.

This message was authored by Steve0001 This message was authored by: Steve0001

I also have the same model (software version) as R024.092.11.00P

My Version number is 4f310d

ISP PlusNet.

So, we have the same model/software versions. Might be a clue.

Re: On denmand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Not sure a @oj01  has the same model and is not having an issue downloading anything.

Everyone with a Sky+HD box will have the same Model (Software) Number.

The last change was when the clock change didn't work correctly a couple of years ago. 

Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by thegfb This message was authored by: thegfb

Just as a sanity check I raised a support ticket with my ISP despite knowing that they don't use CGNAT, and their response just confirmed that Sky are talking out of their backside (in a professional and diplomatic way of course).

This message was authored by Shut-ins This message was authored by: Shut-ins

@Kayelaina wrote:

It is just frustrating. Sky were quick to use the ISP excuse. Once it was proved that was not the issue and they acknowledged the issue sat with them there has been radio silence in regard to any updates. I watch most shows on download and have been unable to do so since Tuesday but they will happily take my full payment for a service I can not use.

• @Kayelaina  Yes I agree with you , Sky will not take responsibility for their own faults. When same thing happened in November it just all came back after 4 days working normally. No explanation, no apology..nothing. 

•  

Hmmm not sure they want me to fill in their survey about their customer serivce. I don't like being fed **bleep**.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion