Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

monkeynuts1952
Topic Author
This message was authored by monkeynuts1952 This message was authored by: monkeynuts1952

Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

I have tried to download a variety of programs at varying times of day and night and after dozens of attempts with each one they are all still failing. I  have used BT as my ISP  for many many years with no issues.

I do not agree with Sky's explanation especially as it seems like other Sky users experienced the same problem at the same time!

How crazy too that you can't get through to actually speak to anyone!. 
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my message 

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

If you want to test for CGNAT just put into google what is my ip address. Then if the first part is 100. then you do have CGNAT on your connection. If it is anything else then there is no CGNAT on your connection.

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

Latest reply from sky, they seem to have finally acknowledged the issue.

"

I understand that your external ip is not starting with 100 and you have already spoken with ISP.

I am so sorry for the stress caused to you.

I wish to inform you that, it is now a known issue which our customers are facing hence I request you to wait until the next update.

"

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

Good that it has finally been acknowledged by Sky, not good that it has taken 3 days and only seems to have been acknowledged due to being investigated and pushed by @MogwaiSatTV .  Well done and thank you.

That is ok. I think they thought they could fob off the customers not realising one of them might work in the Technology field and be able to see through the excuse.

monkeynuts1952
Topic Author
This message was authored by monkeynuts1952 This message was authored by: monkeynuts1952

Thanks for that as I wasn't aware that you were able to do that. 
sky's excuse certainly doesn't apply to me

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

Nor me and I would suspect it does not apply to anyone else who is having this issue!

This message was authored by Steve0001 This message was authored by: Steve0001

Thanks to everyone for raising the issue. It seems Sky are aware that this isn’t an ISP issue.

I would just add our own observations (some mentioned above).

1. BBC and ITV downloads work from catch-up, all other on demand programs/films fail (as per ‘i’ button: ‘Failed Rec: Item unavailable’), including Film4 from catch-up. Recording live programs is fine (i.e. via dish).
  2. The Sky+ HD box and our router have been turned off several times. The planner rebuild has been run twice. All the signal and network connections are good in the box settings. We are not going to mess with DNS stuff. Same ISP for 10+ years, no router changes for a couple of years.
  3. As has been the case for many moons, we have 3 laptops and 2 mobile phones running through the same router as the Sky box. They have no problems. The Sky box is hard wired to the router. We do not have CGNAT (thanks for test @MogwaiSatTV)
  4. We can download any of the Sky on demand content to our mobile phones via SkyGo, without any problems. We can send a message from SkyGo to the Sky box to download the content to the box. That message is received by the box but the download attempt then fails, as above.
  5. We are guessing that our Sky box is being directed to a dodgy server, whereas SkyGo is sent to a different server that works. That said, we are not tech experts.

Hopefully they sort this out soon.

This message was authored by Shut-ins This message was authored by: Shut-ins

We too have same issues with our Sky+HD downloads . This happened just the same in November and after 3 days all was working normally again.  They booked me an engineer visit which I did not want.  I also do not want to change to Q.  I don't know what the fault was,  but I do know it is not our equipment at fault. So sky technical..get it SORTED ASAP.THANK YOU 

monkeynuts1952
Topic Author

Ditto to everything you've said @Steve0001 

i definitely don't want to upgrade to Sky Q as have all TV related equipment in a rack where it feeds all round the house on just 1 remote. Not just a case of plugging  in a different Sky box!

disappointwd by all of the incorrect info from Sky too

I would only go to SkyQ if they let you have more than 1 box with a hard drive in it like they do for SKy HD

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MogwaiSatTV wrote:

I would only go to SkyQ if they let you have more than 1 box with a hard drive in it like they do for SKy HD

That'll never happen as Sky Q was designed differently

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shut-ins wrote:

So sky technical..get it SORTED ASAP.THANK YOU 

I'm sure they would welcome your advice, but I'm afraid we're mainly customers here....

This message was authored by thegfb This message was authored by: thegfb

Hi,

I'm having this exact same problem since earlier this week too.  I have two SKy+ HD boxes and same on both.

I have a static IP (not CGNAT) but I've received the standard email from Sky blaming my ISP.  I am going to email back and put them straight.

monkeynuts1952
Topic Author

Can anyone tell me what email address you are using to contact Sky as I'm struggling to find one?

thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion