Discussion topic: New Samsung TV, now Sky + not recordng on ITV

This message was authored by Margaret+R+S This message was authored by: Margaret+R+S

New Samsung TV, now Sky + not recordng on ITV

Things are recording on BBC but not ITV or Channel 5. Does anyone have any idea how it can be fixed?

At first I thought the people who had set up the new TV hadn't connected something correctly. But, if some is ok, I'm not sure. 

I'm getting a message to say it's not connecting to the satellite. 

Thanks for any help. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: New Samsung TV, now Sky + not recordng on ITV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you tell us exactly what the message says? If you highlight a failed recording in your Planner and press the i  button on your remote, the failure message will be shown on screen at the end of the programme summary.

Margaret+R+S
Topic Author
This message was authored by Margaret+R+S This message was authored by: Margaret+R+S

16827575358954378029482167619384.jpg

 I have followed the instructions on done their way of rebooting.  After that didn't work, I unplugged the sky box and left if for 5 minutes before plugging back in again. It's still the same message.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

The new TV is irrelevant, check the dish cables to your Sky box

Margaret+R+S
Topic Author

Thanks to both of you for replying. It finally fixed itself after re-booting twice more. I have no idea why it happened, especially as some things would record and others not. Coronation Street would not record for my 91 year-old mum - you can imagine...

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Margaret+R+S I suspect it will happen again - if so, try the suggestions made previously. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion