Discussion topic: My BT engineer says my SKY BOX comes the Dickensian era. As. VIP customer shouldn’t I have the lates

This message was authored by Fi7 This message was authored by: Fi7

My BT engineer says my SKY BOX comes the Dickensian era. As. VIP customer shouldn’t I have the lates

Nothing more to say

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: My BT engineer says my SKY BOX comes the Dickensian era. As. VIP customer shouldn’t I have the l

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fi7 

Sky+ boxes haven't been made since 2016 and are no longer supported by Sky. You'll have to upgrade to Sky Q for a 'latest' box. As most customers have a VIP status that's not relevant. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: My BT engineer says my SKY BOX comes the Dickensian era. As. VIP customer shouldn’t I have the l

@Fi7 Sky are actively encouraging customers to switch from Sky+ to Sky Q. You've most likely had to a letter or email about it. Just make sure you understand the difference between the two before deciding. Personally, I'm happy to stay with Sky+. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Fi7 all you have to do is give Sky a call and tell them you want to upgrade to Sky Q. They'll bite your hand off!

Bear in mind that you'll lose any current recordings you may have, and Sky Q differs from Sky+. One of my fellow Superusers, @nigea99 has put together a very useful post explaining the difference (thanks Nige).

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Mark39 wrote:

@Fi7 all you have to do is give Sky a call and tell them you want to upgrade to Sky Q. They'll bite your hand off!

Bear in mind that you'll lose any current recordings you may have, and Sky Q differs from Sky+. One of my fellow Superusers, @nigea99 has put together a very useful post explaining the difference (thanks Nige).

@Fi7 If you do want to consider moving to SKY Q then you may wish to read the  notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q that @Mark39 mentioned

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Fi7
Topic Author
This message was authored by Fi7 This message was authored by: Fi7

• Wow - super good advice. Thank you(and Nige)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion