Discussion topic: MTV HD, MTV 80's, MTV 90's (I think) and ComedyXtra this afternoon.

This message was authored by Darth+Bane This message was authored by: Darth+Bane

MTV HD, MTV 80's, MTV 90's (I think) and ComedyXtra this afternoon.

Did anyone else have an issue with poor picture and sound on MTV HD, MTV 80's, MTV 90's and ComedyXtra this afternoon about 2:30pm (15th Jan). The pictures were banded and distorted while the sound was rather choppy. Other channels were fine (I checked a large number of them)

When I checked just now, the issue seemed to have gone.

The signal levels were 9 (out of 10) on both strength and quality for both inputs according to the signal 'graph' while watching them during this issue (just as they are usually) - but I'm not clear if the levels shown specifically relate to the actual channel(s) being watched/recorded by the tuners at the time or not.

Cheers!

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: MTV HD, MTV 80's, MTV 90's (I think) and ComedyXtra this afternoon.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Darth+Bane 

On SKY + the signal strength indicators do show the current channel (unlike SKY Q)

I can't comment specifically on the channels you mention but Channels are not all uplinked from the same location - although they are uplinked in groups and many do share similar facilities.

It is possible that there was severe weather  or maybe other problems at the uplink station for the channels you mention.  It doesn't happen often but it can. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: MTV HD, MTV 80's, MTV 90's (I think) and ComedyXtra this afternoon.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Darth+Bane  In addition to @nigea99  it does sound more like a uplink/broadcast issue with these channels as they are all uplinked to the same transponder from the same provider. 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion