Discussion topic: Installation charge for Sky Q upgrade £119

This message was authored by CSH123456 This message was authored by: CSH123456

Installation charge for Sky Q upgrade £119

I am looking to maybe upgrade to Sky Q, I have had Sky+HD for years but see there is an installation charge in the small print of £119, I also see people have had emails about upgrading with no charge, I haven't had an email so guess the charge would apply.  I tried asking the chatbot but that was useless so guess I may have to ring up, has anyone else had to pay this installation charge recently.   If it is £119 I will probably cancel as I am out of contract and the price goes up in July

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Installation charge for Sky Q upgrade £119

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, definitely give Sky a call as @Annie+UK recommends. There's (unless it has been wothdrawn, whch I doubt) a no cost pathway to upgrading to Sky Q but the terms might not,suit you - I think it involves an additional Mini box and a Multiscreen subscription. In any event Sky are keen to get people away from Sky+HD so you should be able to do significantly better than £119

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Phone Sky!!!

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Yes, definitely give Sky a call as @Annie+UK recommends. There's (unless it has been wothdrawn, whch I doubt) a no cost pathway to upgrading to Sky Q but the terms might not,suit you - I think it involves an additional Mini box and a Multiscreen subscription. In any event Sky are keen to get people away from Sky+HD so you should be able to do significantly better than £119

CSH123456
Topic Author

Thanks @Mark39@Annie+UK , I did ring them and Sky said the boxes and installation would be free so I booked the installation for end of May, main box and multiroom box, husband just needs to watch his rather full planner now.  I did cynically wonder if I hadn't rang them, would a installation charge been slipped in as it was in the legal bit underneath the order.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @CSH123456 

You may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

(especially the bit regarding multiroom/multiscreen)

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@CSH123456 wrote:

I did cynically wonder if I hadn't rang them, would a installation charge been slipped in as it was in the legal bit underneath the order.

Quite possibly, if that's one of the terms of the online offer.

CSH123456
Topic Author

Thanks @nigea99 I had seen your very useful notes and showed them to husband so he knew about only having one planner and the multiroom stuff, I think once we get used to it it will be fine.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion