Discussion topic: Getting Sky HD remote to tell TV to go to channel 0, on RF2.

This message was authored by GGGGggGggg11 This message was authored by: GGGGggGggg11

Getting Sky HD remote to tell TV to go to channel 0, on RF2.

Hi all,

I have an old Sky HD box, which I can watch in other rooms via the RF2 output. All working fine.

I recently ruined a remote and bought a new genuine Sky HD one, rev 10 (SC030). The old one used to turn on the TV to the correct channel and switch on the Sky box with just one press of "Sky".

Programming the remote to the TV works fine, can change the volume, switch it off, etc, but I now have to press - "TV", "power" then "Sky" to get everything on.

I tried holding green and select for a few seconds, then 0, then select, but it doesn't work.

Have the newer remotes lost that feature? Which revision(s) remote(s) can do this?

Thanks,

All Replies

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Getting Sky HD remote to tell TV to go to channel 0, on RF2.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not aware that it was ever possible to do that via the RF output on a Sky+HD box. Mine certainly never has. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
GGGGggGggg11
Topic Author
This message was authored by GGGGggGggg11 This message was authored by: GGGGggGggg11

Not 'via the RF2' as such. I mean that the TV where I want this to happen is getting the signal via the RF2 down a coax cable, therefore I can't use a HDMI lead.

Just by pressing "Sky" once, it should switch on the distant Sky HD box, and tell the TV in front of me to go to channel zero. I don't need to press power on this particular TV, selecting a channel switches it on.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GGGGggGggg11 try TV, then Select+Green followed by the channel number you want the TV to switch to.

GGGGggGggg11
Topic Author

I have tried TV, then select and green together, then 0, didn't work unfortunately 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion