Discussion topic: Failure of connection sockets DRX890WL IN warranty ,

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Failure of connection sockets DRX890WL IN warranty ,

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Teasdel the scart socket also outputs audio at line level, just as the RCA sockets do, I'm afraid.

A simple amp such as this would amplify the line output,to a level suitable for headphones and solve the problem.

Teasdel
Topic Author
This message was authored by Teasdel This message was authored by: Teasdel

Anne,

Thank you for your amplifier connection, About ten days ago I searched for a line amp. for connecction to the Sky socket. But I left the search for other ideas.

But now I am pursuing this with GD1

This message was authored by Teasdel

‎20 Dec 2022 09:07 AM

To GD1.

Good clear description-Thank you!

But the Sky receiver has a scart socket. Now in my large box of connectors is a scart plug with a switch audio output connection for  me to try with a cord signal to the headphones.

I'll let you know! <<<<<<<<

Regards,

Colin

END

Teasdel
Topic Author

Annie,

Two  weeks ago I sort a line amplifier but then didnt find anything suitable.

But the Sky receiver has a scart socket. Now in my large box of connectors is a scart plug with a switch audio output connection [RCA] for  me to try with a cord signal to the headphones.

Thanks for your help,

Colin

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Teasdel wrote:

But the Sky receiver has a scart socket. Now in my large box of connectors is a scart plug with a switch audio output connection [RCA] for  me to try with a cord signal to the headphones.

Again, you'd be feeding line output and impedance intended for input to an amplifier directly to headphones instead: this is not how such things are meant to work!

As @Mark39 indicates above, you need to take any audio output extracted from the Sky box through an amplification circuit to get headphones to work unless the headphones themselve are rare beasts with their own amplification (and even then impedance will still be an issue).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Teasdel
Topic Author

Timmy, 

Thank you for your reference regarding an audio output level from a scart socket for the phones. Since posting the intention to take a connection this way - it's been completed this am and the o/p level is clear on the headphones and more-or-less- ok". but, You are correct the volume on the headphones could be somewhat higher.

I now regard this issue of sourcing a satisfactory audio connection as complete.

It just leaves me to thank all for the assistance. This is the first post on the Sky Community for me and clearly it has worked well.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion