Discussion topic: Continued used of Sky+ recording and playback

This message was authored by Robert2108 This message was authored by: Robert2108

Continued used of Sky+ recording and playback

Hi.

I believe it was possible to pay Sky a one off and then a monthly fee to continue to use the record and playback functions on a Sky HD box if you cancelled a full Sky subscription?

Do Sky still offer this - I was led to believe that when it was available years ago - it was a one off £25 charge and then £10 per month.  

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Continued used of Sky+ recording and playback

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert2108 wrote:

Hi.

I believe it was possible to pay Sky a one off and then a monthly fee to continue to use the record and playback functions on a Sky HD box if you cancelled a full Sky subscription?

Do Sky still offer this - I was led to believe that when it was available years ago - it was a one off £25 charge and then £10 per month.  

Sky do not provide that service any more

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Robert2108 superseded, I think, by a similar option on Sky's current satellite platform, Sky Q.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Robert2108 

As @Mark39 indicates, 'TV Essentials' on a Q box is free-to-air channels, recording/playback and apps on a Q box, for a monthly subscription.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-essentials 

Note that over the course of a minimum subscription term, a Freesat recorder may work out to be cheaper.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion