Discussion topic: When using iPlayer If I try & go back to a sky channel tv goes blank & I have to unplug Q box & rest

This message was authored by Swarb1 This message was authored by: Swarb1

When using iPlayer If I try & go back to a sky channel tv goes blank & I have to unplug Q box & rest

When I go to I player to download a programme if I try to go back to a sky channel tv screen goes blank & I can't access any other channels. I have to unplug sky box & restart.  Beginning to wish I hadn't upgraded to Sky Q 🙄

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: When using iPlayer If I try & go back to a sky channel tv goes blank & I have to unplug

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Swarb1 wrote:

When I go to I player to download a programme if I try to go back to a sky channel tv screen goes blank & I can't access any other channels. I have to unplug sky box & restart.  Beginning to wish I hadn't upgraded to Sky Q 🙄

That's not normal.

I tend to use iPlayer on the TV anyway as it's more responsive but not seen this. How are you exiting iPlayer?

Swarb1
Topic Author

Re: When using iPlayer If I try & go back to a sky channel tv goes blank & I have to unplug

I use the home button or sometimes the back button. 

Are you on the latest Q firmware? Q210.blah?

Swarb1
Topic Author

Sorry , no idea 🤔

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Swarb1 wrote:

Sorry , no idea 🤔

Hi @Swarb1 

You can check your Software version here 

When Exiting Sky Q Apps its best to use the Exit Apps option in the App if there is one or if not press Dismiss (left of Home button on Remote) multiple times until you get the leave App option.

This message was authored by Jason22 This message was authored by: Jason22

I'm having the same problem. Exiting iPlayer and then going back to sky all the channels are blank or in some bizarre instances the iPlayer still seems to be playing over normal TV. Very frustrating. Any tips to overcome this appreciated. 

This message was authored by Hadenough This message was authored by: Hadenough

I've had the same issue on many occasions if I don't manage to get out of iplayer immediately by pressing the back button repeatedly. I contacted Sky and every time they have fobbed me off with 'You must be using old firmware' they take me through the firmware upgrade - after switching off and unplugging the damned thing once again, then it works. However it's just happened again and I only upgraded the firmware 2 we3ks ago, so that's a crock of Crap. This has to be a known fault with Sky and Iplayer compatibility 

No it's weird. Never have this problem. Just tested it again (on the main Q box) - exited fine when I hit Home.

What hardware version are you on?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion