Discussion topic: Using SkyQ. TV switches into standby after ad breaks.

This message was authored by Lizbeth66 This message was authored by: Lizbeth66

Using SkyQ. TV switches into standby after ad breaks.

We have a SkyQ box. Over the last year we have found that our Panasonic tv keeps shutting down and going into standby. We've been having this problem more frequently recently (sometimes 5 or 6 times in one evening) and have realised that it happens straight after an ad break, just before cutting back to the programme we are watching. We have to switch the tv off and then back on again. Nothing else works. Before I submit myself to the Sky automated system does anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Using SkyQ. TV switches into standby after ad breaks.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lizbeth66 wrote:

We have a SkyQ box. Over the last year we have found that our Panasonic tv keeps shutting down and going into standby. We've been having this problem more frequently recently (sometimes 5 or 6 times in one evening) and have realised that it happens straight after an ad break, just before cutting back to the programme we are watching. We have to switch the tv off and then back on again. Nothing else works. Before I submit myself to the Sky automated system does anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks

@Lizbeth66 so is the Sky Q box shutting down or is it still have the green light on it? 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Lizbeth66
Topic Author

@Laing1 

Hi there. I've just checked back on a little video that I took of the problem occurring, and yes the green light stays on on the SkyQ box. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lizbeth66 wrote:

@Laing1 

Hi there. I've just checked back on a little video that I took of the problem occurring, and yes the green light stays on on the SkyQ box. 

@Lizbeth66 thats strange then as it kinda points to the TV do you have another TV you could try on the box to see if it still does it on a second TV ?

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Lizbeth66
Topic Author

@Laing1 

Unfortunately we are a one tv family apart from the very old kitchen tv that won't support Sky! I suppose we could try disconnecting the sky box and running the tv on the digital signal only to see if the same thing happens? 

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

@Lizbeth66 wrote:

Have a look at the below screen dump for you tv, hopefully it'll help if you turn off both standby's:

Screenshot_20240117_121806_Chrome.jpg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion