Discussion topic: UPTRA HD channels not showing on TV Guide

This message was authored by Mcca90 This message was authored by: Mcca90

UPTRA HD channels not showing on TV Guide

Hi, 

I have all the correct capability to watch UHD - 4K Tv, UHD box, 4K HDMI cable and the UHD package including Sky Sports and Cinema etc. 

I have set the UHD up by following the on screen instructions where it confirmed I am now watching in UHD. 

I can seemingly record in on demand in UHD, but when I go on to TV GUIDE Sky Sports Main Event is still showing as HD same for Sky Premier etc. 

When I click to record tonight's football it's recording in standard HD and I have to go into "other showings" where I can enable UHD recording. 

Should the channel displayed in TV GUIDE be UHD and do I need to do anything else to get it updated? 

Or does it take a while to activate and change over? 

Thanks 

🙂

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: UPTRA HD channels not showing on TV Guide

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Mcca90 

The UHD Versions of SKY Sports Main Event & SKY Sports F1  should 'Smart Swap' to 401 & 406

You could try a power down restart to see if that forces the swap , or just wait to see if it resolves itself. 

If they don't appear then scroll further down the TV Guide & I think you should find them so can still watch them & set recordings from them

If it doesn't sort itself after a day or so come back & we can escalate to SKY but I do suggest you try the restart.

Use the remote to place it into standby mode

Then remove the power to it (either switch off at mains or remove the power plug)

Wait at least 30s

Then re-apply the power & wait for it to fully restart - this may take a few minutes.

Mcca90
Topic Author

I have reset the box several times to no avail, I have spoken to sky who have removed the package and reinstated it, still shows 401 and 406 as HD standard but I can access Sky Sports ME and F1 on channels 858 and 857? 

is this correct? Or should I be able to access  UHD via 401 and 406. 

I can watch UHD on demand content fine including Netflix. 

sky cinema is standard HD too. 

image.jpg

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Mcca90 wrote:

I have reset the box several times to no avail, I have spoken to sky who have removed the package and reinstated it, still shows 401 and 406 as HD standard but I can access Sky Sports ME and F1 on channels 858 and 857? 

is this correct? Or should I be able to access  UHD via 401 and 406. 

I can watch UHD on demand content fine including Netflix. 

sky cinema is standard HD too. 

image.jpg

hi @Mcca90 

they should 'Smart' switch to 401 & 406 - it might just be a matter of time

TBH I rarely know or use the full channel numbers as I set my most used channels in my favourites which I can remember & I don't think they will change if they do change position in the main list

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Mcca90 there are no Sky Cinema UHD channels so these are correct on the EPG as @nigea99 says it may take some time for the UHD sports channels to swap to 401 and 406 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by kf22l80 This message was authored by: kf22l80

I have the exact same problem after installing a new sky q 2tb box. Have tried several reboots but to no avail so I will wait for sky to update which they usually do in the early hours when the box is in standby mode to see if that works

This message was authored by jtready2005 This message was authored by: jtready2005

It should do it automatically if you've set the picture resolution in settings on the Sky Q box to UHD.  

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

In case it's relevant to anyone involved here. Main event uhd doesn't swap in Ireland but F1 does.

Mcca90
Topic Author

Mine rectified itself after a few weeks, annoying but it's sorted now. It did randomly flip back for a day at one point but it reset itself

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion