Discussion topic: Totally Frustrated with SKYQ mini boxes keep losing connection to main Sky box!

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Totally Frustrated with SKYQ mini boxes keep losing connection to main Sky box!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Charlgreen2004 wrote:

I'm having that same problem, it have just took me over an hour to get my mini box on it's so frustrating. The signal drops all the time on the main box too and I'm with bt. I  can't work out if it's sky or my bt internet. 

It's Sky having weird networking

How far apart are your boxes and the BT router?

This message was authored by Charlgreen2004 This message was authored by: Charlgreen2004

Re: Totally Frustrated with SKYQ mini boxes keep losing connection to main Sky box!

One is up stairs and the other is in the living room. The sky q box in the living room drops signals If we are on the apps and the kids are watching the Disney trying to get a film it will say something went wrong.  If we watch it through the Samsung tv it works. Also Netflix drops the signal too. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I meant how far apart are they - upstairs could mean 3 metres if they're directly above - and where is the router relative to both of those?

you mentioned the apps. What about sky downloads and the main menu with all its images, tiles etc?

This message was authored by Skyedriver This message was authored by: Skyedriver

Can I add my name to the "totally frustrated with my miniboxes" list please?

I'm reasonably OK with tech but the changing frequencies etc stuff isn't my forte.

Situation: two miniboxes at opposite ends of a bungalow with the Q box between the two.. About 10 metres between the Q box and each mini. The BT router is midway between one mini and the Q, there is a BT disc between the other and the Q.

Found the only way to get the mini working after the blue screen and disconnect was to switch off the mini and back on again. Sometimes a run around with the WPS button on mini, Q and router helped.

Last night, son in his attempts to switch off and on again managed to knock the TV off his cabinet. We now have a broken TV.

Is a Sky booster worthwhile? I read on another forum that switching from 5 to 2.4 was the way to go, contradicting the advice in this forum.

Do I just get stroppy and demand an engineer (who might be able to sort a loss of satellite when there's a high wind too). Or maybe cancel Sky subscription as they can't provide the service I'm paying for.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion