Discussion topic: Sky Q box internet keeps dropping out

This message was authored by SimonH1 This message was authored by: SimonH1

Sky Q box internet keeps dropping out

My sky Q box is in the same room as the BT router but the connection to the internet keeps dropping out. All other devices are fine and a constant ping to 8.8.8.8 shows no problems. I have reset the network connection numerous times. Note the TV on the main box and TV connected to sky mini box have no problem connecting directly on an app so it doesn't look like the BT router is at fault!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q box internet keeps dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SimonH1 wrote:

My sky Q box is in the same room as the BT router but the connection to the internet keeps dropping out. All other devices are fine and a constant ping to 8.8.8.8 shows no problems. I have reset the network connection numerous times. Note the TV on the main box and TV connected to sky mini box have no problem connecting directly on an app so it doesn't look like the BT router is at fault!

Hi @SimonH1 

No chance you can connect you Q box by Ethernet to the router?

SimonH1
Topic Author
This message was authored by SimonH1 This message was authored by: SimonH1

Yes, that will have to be my next step, or possibly powerline adapters as I don't want to have to route Ethernet cable around the room, I'll give it a try in the next few days, still annoying it won't work properly on Wi-Fi .

This message was authored by Stealth1 This message was authored by: Stealth1

I've had this issue for the duration of having the box which is 2 years some times it's really bad then the issue goes away after a month or so. Then 6 months later happens again. I'm not one to come on these sites to post but it's so so bad over the last few days. Christmas was the worse pretty much 2-3 time a day and never reconnects straight the way one day i spend a total of 1 hours 20 trying to connect. Today I've tried total of 19 times to connect and turned off everything 5 time router including and started again and not once has it reconnected. Shocking. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion