Discussion topic: Sky Q Mini Box Keeps Freezing - then There is a technical fault with this channel . Please try again

This message was authored by DebnDickie This message was authored by: DebnDickie

Sky Q Mini Box Keeps Freezing - then There is a technical fault with this channel . Please try again

Sky Minibox with Booster. Sky Mini box freezes and then I get "There is a technical fault with this Channel. Please Try Again later". Rebooting the minibox solves the issue but now occuring after an hour or so every time

Have rebooted Sky Q Box, first floor booster and tried all the reset options too. Have been speaking with Sky support and awaiting a call back. All connections when up and running seem fine. Have switched HDMI channel (system has been working for 5/6 years so couldnt' see why that would be the problem. 

Standby Mode set to 'No'. Router is connected by ethernet cable to skybox (this prompted call handler to advise me to switch some frequency settings to Off, can't remember detail)

I'm suspecting Sky Mini box hardware fault for it to have just started failing for no reason.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion