Discussion topic: Sky Q Mini Addition causes Internet drop

This message was authored by alex+dymott This message was authored by: alex+dymott

Sky Q Mini Addition causes Internet drop

Hello, yesterday I added a Sky Q Mini to my exsiting set-up (Sky Q 2TB + Sky Q Mini + Sky Broadband + Sky Wifi Booster) and then there was intermittent issues that the internet connection kept dropping but wifi was connected, this happened on Sky Go on ipad as well. Network Connection Status on Sky Q master box showed connected to Wifi but not to Internet, then after a few minutes it came back up but then dropped.

It seems there is a network conflict between Sky Q TV box and Sky Router and Booster

Any suggestions?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky Q Mini Addition causes Internet drop

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alex+dymott wrote:

Hello, yesterday I added a Sky Q Mini to my exsiting set-up (Sky Q 2TB + Sky Q Mini + Sky Broadband + Sky Wifi Booster) and then there was intermittent issues that the internet connection kept dropping but wifi was connected, this happened on Sky Go on ipad as well. Network Connection Status on Sky Q master box showed connected to Wifi but not to Internet, then after a few minutes it came back up but then dropped.

It seems there is a network conflict between Sky Q TV box and Sky Router and Booster

Any suggestions?

Thanks

@alex+dymott try rebooting all of your boxes starting with your router then you main box then the booster then the mini boxes 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion