Discussion topic: Signal issues

This message was authored by niall+fahy This message was authored by: niall+fahy

Signal issues

Hi, we are having signal problems for 3 days, first thought it may be weather related. Have gone through the guide of what to do but no change.

Any thoughts 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Signal issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@niall+fahy wrote:

Hi, we are having signal problems for 3 days, first thought it may be weather related. Have gone through the guide of what to do but no change.

Any thoughts 

Hi @niall+fahy 

Work through the following link and if you cannot solve your issue it will lead to booking a Engineer.
Alternately, if you are on a Communal Dish you will need to contact your Landlord or Management company.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-tv-no-satellite-signal-sky-q

This message was authored by Super_Simmo This message was authored by: Super_Simmo

I'm having the same problem for the last 3 to 4 days.

I'm using Sky Q, no issues with box, or visible issues with sky dish, which I've had replaced a year ago. I've been through the usual Sky trouble-shooting , but I still have an occasional pixelation..

The only thing this 'might' be related to is the recent increase in solar flares, which can temporarily affect satellites and their signals - there's nothing obscurring my dish, nor have I experienced bad weather......I'm at a loss.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super_Simmo wrote:

I'm having the same problem for the last 3 to 4 days.

I'm using Sky Q, no issues with box, or visible issues with sky dish, which I've had replaced a year ago. I've been through the usual Sky trouble-shooting , but I still have an occasional pixelation..

The only thing this 'might' be related to is the recent increase in solar flares, which can temporarily affect satellites and their signals - there's nothing obscurring my dish, nor have I experienced bad weather......I'm at a loss.

The dish is not like a terrestrial aerial, it needs to be specifically aligned with the satellite, and there is no way by just 'looking at it' to tell if it has gone out of alignment. You'll need to contact Sky to request an engineer to check & realign it.

I am just another Sky customer!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion