Discussion topic: PROGRAMMES IN UHD

This message was authored by Slopmeister This message was authored by: Slopmeister

PROGRAMMES IN UHD

I have set Sky q to record UHD where available.  Some programmes eg The Blacklist still don't record in UHD, only HD, so each time I have to search it out manually.  How come?

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: PROGRAMMES IN UHD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Slopmeister  Other than Sport channels in UHD all Live TV is HD at the most.  Any UHD versions of programmes such as The blacklist are available via on demand only.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Slopmeister  Other than Sport channels in UHD all Live TV is HD at the most.  Any UHD versions of programmes such as The blacklist are available via on demand only.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Slopmeister wrote:

I have set Sky q to record UHD where available.  Some programmes eg The Blacklist still don't record in UHD, only HD, so each time I have to search it out manually.  How come?

Only some Sports programmes are actually broadcast in UHD and thus can be recorded as such.

For any Films & Entertainment then you need to download, which unfortunately means finding the episode to download. - although once found you should not need to select the UHD version as it should default to that

I think the only time you don't have to manually find the episode is if the UHD versions for a season are already available and you start watching the 1st episode , then the next episode should download in UHD also - but unfortunately that does not work if the remaining episodes are yet to air/become available

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion