Discussion topic: Our tvs upstairs constantly keep freezing. Broadband working ok (by) and getting a right pain!

This message was authored by Argsm This message was authored by: Argsm

Our tvs upstairs constantly keep freezing. Broadband working ok (by) and getting a right pain!

TVs upstairs always freezing Bt broadband ok and decent reception?

tried everything 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Our tvs upstairs constantly keep freezing. Broadband working ok (by) and getting a right pain!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Argsm wrote:

TVs upstairs always freezing Bt broadband ok and decent reception?

tried everything 

hi @Argsm 

The first thing you need to be aware is that when your internet/wifi is not SKY then the minis do not use your wifi - they use a wifi generated by the Main box so the mini must be able to connect to the Main Box via this.

When I had my Q box first installed I initially had problems with the mini dropping out most nights - moving my mini just a foot or so to one side & turning off the wifi in the AV amp it was adjacent to cured my problems.

Thus if you can try just moving either or both your main & mini boxes slightly to see if that improves things  & also check for anything that might be interfering with the SKY wifi between them (e.g. other devices close by - especially DECT home phones - these are known to often cause interference)

Failing that you might be able to get a wifi booster from SKY 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion