Discussion topic: New SKY Q Box not pairing with old card, help desk sent new card still not pairing

This message was authored by APC This message was authored by: APC

New SKY Q Box not pairing with old card, help desk sent new card still not pairing

Hi, After getting sky no signal errors on old sky box we had the opportunity to upgrade to sky Q. Engineer on the day fixed the satellite dish, installed the sky q box, but could not pair the old card with the new sky Q box. So suggested after numerous attempts for us to contact sky support. About 45 mins on a call trying to pair the device but with no luck so they've sent a new card through. Tried again with settings/system info/viewing card/setup says Paring Viewing card...     so I leave that running but it just comes back with blank screen and does not pair ... The internet is connected and we also have some channels, but not all the channels and there is no recording,,, always wants the card to be paired. It's been 4 weeks since we lost the signal and then arranging engineer and new card. So not keen on another marathon phone call to try to pair the new card. I'm an ROI Customer and hope I was not on a premium rate number. Should I get an engineer out with a new sky Q box.

Q box Software version Q220.000.23.99L Hardware version 32B212

cheers Andy

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: New SKY Q Box not pairing with old card, help desk sent new card still not pairing

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @APC. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

APC
Topic Author
This message was authored by APC This message was authored by: APC

Re: New SKY Q Box not pairing with old card, help desk sent new card still not pairing

Thanks, a sky engineer has now been book for the 2/3/2024.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion