Discussion topic: Need to replace Sky Q mini box

This message was authored by jallum1993 This message was authored by: jallum1993

Need to replace Sky Q mini box

Hi all,

we have got sky Q and a mini box. Sadly lately the mini box is having issues- picture freezes, sound as well. No pattern to it. Tried resetting main and mini box, router, resetting network connection, updating box software and all the usual stuff so I'm not doing it all again. The TV on the mini box is currently unwatchable really.

i just wondered how I get a replacement mini box please? Only online option I can see says we can replace the mini box for two reasons- no power to the box or won't turn on. Neither of these fit our issue.

Any help greatly appreciated ☺️

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Need to replace Sky Q mini box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jallum1993 wrote:

Hi all,

we have got sky Q and a mini box. Sadly lately the mini box is having issues- picture freezes, sound as well. No pattern to it. Tried resetting main and mini box, router, resetting network connection, updating box software and all the usual stuff so I'm not doing it all again. The TV on the mini box is currently unwatchable really.

i just wondered how I get a replacement mini box please? Only online option I can see says we can replace the mini box for two reasons- no power to the box or won't turn on. Neither of these fit our issue.

Any help greatly appreciated ☺️

You need to speak directly to Sky then @jallum1993 

jallum1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by jallum1993 This message was authored by: jallum1993

I'm aware - but the issue is online the only option I can see for replacing a mini box is if no power goes to it or it won't turn on, neither option which fits our issue. So I was wondering if anyone was able to advise me on anywhere to look online when trying to get it replaced.

@jallum1993 wrote:

I'm aware - but the issue is online the only option I can see for replacing a mini box is if no power goes to it or it won't turn on, neither option which fits our issue. So I was wondering if anyone was able to advise me on anywhere to look online when trying to get it replaced.

Has I said @jallum1993 

you need to speak directly to Sky

jallum1993
Topic Author

It is disappointing when someone doesn't engage with the substance of what is said and just repeats a very basic line I am already aware of. I was after advice from anyone who has had this issue, who may have got a link to somewhere online with sky to replace it, or a phone number etc. 

@jallum1993 wrote:

It is disappointing when someone doesn't engage with the substance of what is said and just repeats a very basic line I am already aware of. I was after advice from anyone who has had this issue, who may have got a link to somewhere online with sky to replace it, or a phone number etc. 

you have mentioned all the Online links @jallum1993 

Its also disappointing if no notice is taken of advice.

If you need to contact Sky you need to persevere by phone.
To contact Sky
Select Need more help
at the bottom of the following link and this will lead to a phone contact.
Ignore all automated messages and wait for an agent
https://www.sky.com/help/home

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion