Discussion topic: Hi, my Sky TV is not working. The screen is blank on every channel, the system appears to be down.

This message was authored by Syl1 This message was authored by: Syl1

Hi, my Sky TV is not working. The screen is blank on every channel, the system appears to be down.

Hi,

My Sky TV is not working. The screen is blank on every channel, the system appears to be down.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Hi, my Sky TV is not working. The screen is blank on every channel, the system appears to be dow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Syl1 wrote:

Hi,

My Sky TV is not working. The screen is blank on every channel, the system appears to be down.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @Syl1 

Have you tried rebooting your Q box?

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Syl1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Syl1 This message was authored by: Syl1

Re: Hi, my Sky TV is not working. The screen is blank on every channel, the system appears to be dow

Hi Oldfella,

Thank you for your speedy response!

I have done previous.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion