Discussion topic: F1 won't record on series link

This message was authored by Berties+Mum This message was authored by: Berties+Mum

Re: F1 won't record on series link

Any tips on how to stop ocd husband from deleting preceding recordings, therefore cancelling series link on my F1 recordings. Absolutely raging, Hungary hasn't recorded!!!!!

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Berties+Mum wrote:

Any tips on how to stop ocd husband from deleting preceding recordings, therefore cancelling series link on my F1 recordings. Absolutely raging, Hungary hasn't recorded!!!!!

hi @Berties+Mum 

Probably the only thing I can thnk of is to manually set each progamme to record without setting/relying on the Series Link

This message was authored by Berties+Mum This message was authored by: Berties+Mum

Only problem is I'm pushing 60 and can't remember what day it is half the time LOL!!

This message was authored by Sean+G1 This message was authored by: Sean+G1

At least 4 times this year Grand Prix have not recorded due to series link issues.  Then that means searching for the RE run means you see the stupid spoilers Sky post.  God I (removed) hate it. 

Moderator comments: removed inappropriate language 

This message was authored by nswan This message was authored by: nswan

Deleting recordings shouldn't stop series link from working unless that is being turned off by hubby when the recordings are being deleted.  I delete  all my F1 recordings after the race is finished but my series link always picks up the next race weekend. 

This message was authored by SecretBanker This message was authored by: SecretBanker

Yes that's true. Although series link is a bit flaky, and does occasionally "delete" itself for no apparent reason. Which if it causes you to miss something, is infuriating. 

Latest offender seems to be the Indycar coverage on Sky F1. It has only recently had series link functionality, but this Sunday's Iowa race was not linked for some reason. 

----------------------------------------------

Panasonic HZ1000 | Sky Q 2TB | Denon X3700H | Panasonic UB9000 | Sony PS4 | Cambridge Audio CXN2 |Arcam SA20 | B&W /REL 5.4.1 | Harmony Ultimate One | | Sky VIP Diamond |
This message was authored by Rustybikes This message was authored by: Rustybikes

Series linking giving probs since I got sky q. It's not rocket science to set a link but I'm missing sessions and sky just send me stock emails when I ask for help. Last week I started again. Hit record on all practice sessions, qually and 3x race day progs. Went away at weekend as usual and came back to nothing but FP1. I am at my wits end. It makes me angry to have to go searching Catch Up. I've no problem with any other program, only F1 (that I pay for). Help please. BTW, telling me that yours works fine, isn't any help!

This message was authored by Rustybikes This message was authored by: Rustybikes

I had the same problem last year. I couldn't trust my sky Q. I asked for help but sky simply said they tried to call me (they didn't) and then sent useless stock emails. Towards the end of the season, I may have found my problem. Because of the time difference of Bahrain, when I skipped forward to set the recording, I think I might have found the re-run of the live event. This does not have series link. The normal one press only records once. I hadn't noticed. Just done a test on this year's event. The re-run only records once. 

This message was authored by JamiePez This message was authored by: JamiePez

Why when I series link a grand prix weekend does it record everything apart from the qualifying and the actual race (the only ones I actually want)?

This message was authored by blade+the This message was authored by: blade+the

Yes. P1.P2.P3. Qualy. Race build up. Race. Post race.  And also the highlights. It doesnt record Ted's notbook though.

This message was authored by 4dgordy This message was authored by: 4dgordy

I thought I had figured series link out last season but so far this year I have had to manually record each session. Series link comes up but does not carry through to next race weekend.......I give up 😥 but have to keep paying so that I can watch it in decent quality.

I just dont understand how a company such as Sky cant make its own technology record every feature race on its own F1 channel via a series link. If you series link any F! GP you basically get everything recorded apart fro the qualifying and race which are the only ones people want if we are honest.

If I series link F! GP's tonight I will miss every sprint, qualifiying and race of the seaon and I will only be able to watch practice and post race programmes.

Surely this is completely wrong and has been going on for many years without a resolution or explanation from Sky which is so poor from them to ignore this obvious issue affecting their subscribers.

Very poor 😞

So last weekend I series linked scheduled every F1 weekend event, I just checked and this weekend it will record only the practice and post race programmes. Yet again if I left series link to look after things I would have missed the sprint, qualifying and race. Is anyone else still getting the issue of series link missing the sprint, qualifying and race every week?

Just my personal experience, maybe otherrs are working fine?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion