Discussion topic: F1 won't record on series link

This message was authored by Samantha+1975 This message was authored by: Samantha+1975

F1 won't record on series link

Why isn't there a series link option for any of the F1 race weekend anymore, I pay extra for this service and due to working in a nursing role I work very sporadic shifts I have now missed the full Bahrain weekend as this usually records automatically. As a Sky customer of over 10 years this is the second year this has happened at the start of the season, but this year not even a series link option when I record any of the weekends schedule.  This, alongside the fact that recorded series are in no order and often split up is making sky a very unusable system. I am now looking into other providers for a decent TV and recording service, which will also probably be way cheaper than my current bill of over £100 per month for what is now a very poor service. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: F1 won't record on series link

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Samantha+1975 wrote:

Why isn't there a series link option for any of the F1 race weekend anymore, I pay extra for this service and due to working in a nursing role I work very sporadic shifts I have now missed the full Bahrain weekend as this usually records automatically. As a Sky customer of over 10 years this is the second year this has happened at the start of the season, but this year not even a series link option when I record any of the weekends schedule.  This, alongside the fact that recorded series are in no order and often split up is making sky a very unusable system. I am now looking into other providers for a decent TV and recording service, which will also probably be way cheaper than my current bill of over £100 per month for what is now a very poor service. 

@Samantha+1975 

Are you looking to series record UHD, HD or SD ?

I managed to set UHD series record this morning as for some reason it had dropped since the last race

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Samantha+1975  series link has worked for all race weekends so far this season (and worked perfectly last season)

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @Samantha+1975 

Is it possible you are trying to link from a showing on the Main Event Channel ?

Use the dedicated F1 channel for any links 

BTW My series links on both UHD & HD are set to work OK with Driver's press conference this afternoon

This message was authored by nswan This message was authored by: nswan

I've just checked my F1 UHD channel guide and nothing set to record for this weekends GP, despite setting a series link for the first two GPs this season.  😞

@nswan wrote:

I've just checked my F1 UHD channel guide and nothing set to record for this weekends GP, despite setting a series link for the first two GPs this season.  😞

@nswan 

Press HOME

Scroll down and press SPORT

Scroll down and press Formula 1

Scroll across LIVE rail press Record on Live Australian F1 GP Practice 1

You should see the red R button + Green arrow to show series link achieved.

The series link also dropped for me since last race, for some reason..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@nswan wrote:

Hi @nswan 

I think you may need to be aware that Series lInk only shows the next programme to record which currently is the Press Conference at 2pm today

Only when the next programme starts to record does it link to the following one (which in this case  will be P1)

It can be quite confusing & I do wish that Series links on SKY Q would show on all programmes in the current Guide window time frame bt unfortunately it doesn't

@nigea99 wrote:

@nswan wrote:

Hi @nswan 

I think you may need to be aware that Series lInk only shows the next programme to record which currently is the Press Conference at 2pm today

Only when the next programme starts to record does it link to the following one (which in this case  will be P1)

It can be quite confusing & I do wish that Series links on SKY Q would show on all programmes in the current Guide window time frame bt unfortunately it doesn't

@nigea99that's probably why I thought my P1 was not recorded but its strange as I normally don't have the press conference included in my UHD series links and record it manually (just like I don't include the F1 show)

Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@Doc5907 wrote:

@nigea99 wrote:

@nswan wrote:

Hi @nswan 

@nigea99that's probably why I thought my P1 was not recorded but its strange as I normally don't have the press conference included in my UHD series links and record it manually (just like I don't include the F1 show)

Yes last season when we didn't have the dedicated UHD channel the Press conference was not & did not link on UHD (like some other programmes differed - Race day being one programme on UHD last year)  but this year the HD & UHD are in line with each other

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Samantha+1975   Series link for the F1 Press Conference (the rest of the weekend will follow) in both UHD and HD are scheduled. F1 series links are notoriously late. Not appearing until Thursday is very common. I can only assume that the negotiations always goes until the last minute for the feed. I have never missed a series link on F1 for over 6 years!

This message was authored by nswan This message was authored by: nswan

Thanks for the replies folks, very helpful 👍

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Samantha+1975  Have you sorted your F1 series link issue? Every session has recorded (as usual) for me

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by smokey-paul This message was authored by: smokey-paul

I have to check before each race weekend, that each session is set to record.  Most commonly, only F1 FP1 is shown as series-linked.

Today, though I had a first: the F3 Feature Race appeared under the heading of the F2 set of recordings, not under the F3 set.

I suspect the series links are 'suspect'.

This message was authored by Cpang This message was authored by: Cpang

Series link has never worked for me for Race or Qualifying... works great for the driver press conference.... which I don't need!

@Cpang wrote:

Series link has never worked for me for Race or Qualifying... works great for the driver press conference.... which I don't need!

Just in case you are not aware the Series Link only ever schedules the 'next' in the chain so when the Press Conference starts it links to to Q1, then when Q 1 starts it links to Q2, When Q2 starts it links to Q3 etc

If you interupt the chain rather than let them record it can have an effect on what gets scheduled  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion