Discussion topic: Apple TV app

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Apple TV app

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @Claire1981 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Carr1e73 This message was authored by: Carr1e73

Tried loading my Apple TV app on main sky q box and it partly loads but will not let me move around with remote or select anything.  Been like this for 3 days now? Please can someone respond with some support to fix. It seems I'm not the only one with same issue

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carr1e73 wrote:

Tried loading my Apple TV app on main sky q box and it partly loads but will not let me move around with remote or select anything.  Been like this for 3 days now? Please can someone respond with some support to fix. It seems I'm not the only one with same issue

I've escalated this to Sky, look out for a blue chat bubble on this site

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @Carr1e73.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by hrai This message was authored by: hrai

My box now seems to have same issue now - soft reboot did nowt this time.

Fortunately the tv has an Apple TV app that works fine so we'll use that until it's resolved (hopefully)

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Carr1e73 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Carr1e73 This message was authored by: Carr1e73

Thank you but I am in work and not able to chat when you are! I'll try later

Claire1981
Topic Author
This message was authored by Claire1981 This message was authored by: Claire1981

Yah my app is not working on my main Skyq box please escalate my issue

This message was authored by RichieSecretz This message was authored by: RichieSecretz

I'm still having the issue but I have found a way around it for anyone still having issues. 

Rather than going to Apps and then launching the Apple TV app, instead click on any of the tiles under your Sky boxes "Home" or elsewhere that advertise an Apple TV programme. 

This will take you into the Apple TV app bypasssing the Home Screen and start playing that programme. All you need to do then is back out of the playing program and back to the Home Screen which'll then work. 

Seems to have fixed - sort of - for the time being (at least for me)

However if you try to go the account settings section it locks up again - so keep away from that area!

But at least you can watch content

Well that didn't last too long! When I got home from work yesterday it was the same as before with me having to use the workaround to access content.

However... This morning it seems to be completely fixed with full access to content AND the account settings accessible without it locking up.😀

So fingers crossed it's been sorted.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion