Discussion topic: "Whoops" message when trying to link sky ID to mobile account

This message was authored by AngelaMe This message was authored by: AngelaMe

"Whoops" message when trying to link sky ID to mobile account

My father passed away recently, resulting in me creating a new sky ID for my mother and making various changes to their sky package.  They had TV, broadband and mobile phones.

All seemed to be going OK until I realised that I couldn't see the mobile phone accounts.  I have now spent many frustrating hours over the past week on the phone speaking to lots of different people at Sky, who I honestly think have done their best to resolve, but to no avail.

I actually can't keep doing this - there are many things that need organised, and 2 hours a day talking to sky is a huge drain.  It's also upsetting to my mother, and I have had enough.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: "Whoops" message when trying to link sky ID to mobile account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to be signed in with the main Sky ID to be able to see your account details so if you have created an additional ID then this will be why you might not be able to see this information so try using the ID that your father was using.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
AngelaMe
Topic Author

Thanks, unfortunately I can't log in to my father's sky account (in fact it says there is no email address linked now).

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AngelaMe 

To see if they can help you with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
AngelaMe
Topic Author

Thank you @caesarome , I set up a gmail account and linked that to my father's account - that's where the mobile details are!  Really what I need is for everything to be transferred over to the new ID that I set up for my mother.  I can't have her logging in using my dad's details all the time.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. It sounds like this is something our Sky ID team needs to look into, if the ID needs unlinking and setting up on a different email. Unfortunately our team cannot do this. The best option is to call or try the contact section at the bottom of this link;  https://www.sky.com/help/articles/welcome-to-sky 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
AngelaMe
Topic Author

Thanks @Lisa-P1987, I have called 4 times over the past week and been on the phone for more than an hour each time.  I'd say that I've also been passed round about 5 times on each call.  As I said above, I really think everyone at Sky has tried to help, it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion