Discussion topic: Stuck abroad no phone line no internet. Can't ring sky as phone says not registered on network. How

This message was authored by Jc19731973 This message was authored by: Jc19731973

Stuck abroad no phone line no internet. Can't ring sky as phone says not registered on network. How

Can't make calls as get not registered on networ. Can't use Internet out and about. How are you meant to ring sky??? Messing up my holiday having no call facility and no internet connection.any ideas people ?

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Stuck abroad no phone line no internet. Can't ring sky as phone says not registered on network.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Jc19731973  what country are you in ? Have you set a sufficiently high monthly spend cap ? Have you tried searching for other local networks ? Is roaming active in your phone settings ? 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Jc19731973
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jc19731973 This message was authored by: Jc19731973

Re: Stuck abroad no phone line no internet. Can't ring sky as phone says not registered on network.

In Italy. Had trouble on Thursday night whilst still in England but I think lots of people did. Got the welcome message when I arrived in Italy and it briefly worked for a few hours on Sunday. ENOUGH FOR THEM TO MESSAFE ME TO SAY I HAVE BEEN CHARGED £2 worked for a few hours and now have nothing since then. No phone service and no internet.

Keeps.flasjing up with a message that says  refrehing sim data

Jc19731973
Topic Author

Sorry yes spend cap is set high enough also.

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried connecting to a different network @Jc19731973  ?

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Jc19731973
Topic Author

Seems to have come back on this afternoon. Suddenly started getting emails and notifications through. Must have been one of the last ones to get fixed from their disconnection issue on Thursday.  Hopefully will stay connected now. Thanks to all those that replied.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion