Discussion topic: Mobile calls and Internet still drops out as of 15/4/24

This message was authored by Michaelquinn This message was authored by: Michaelquinn

Mobile calls and Internet still drops out as of 15/4/24

I was informed by Sky that my phone sim would let me call and use my Internet by early Sunday that was 24 hours ago, it crashed again at 0800, the thread hundreds of us have used has been shut down. The service from Sky is disgusting, they haven't a clue, my sim packed in working last Thursday at approx 3pm near Birmingham, I live near the Scottish border, so the Sky lie that's it's your local transmitter is **bleep**

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Mobile calls and Internet still drops out as of 15/4/24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky do not own any transmitters.  It may be an isolated issue with your local tower.

Threads about last week's outage are being merged to the master thread.

Sky say the network had stabilised bit there may be some residual issues.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by hesk1912 This message was authored by: hesk1912

They say it's stabilised but they are lying. Technical support tried to blame my phone for being four years old and then said it was my local mast despite two other phones in the same house working. Absolutely useless.

Michaelquinn
Topic Author
This message was authored by Michaelquinn This message was authored by: Michaelquinn

Same here, wife and daughter use sky mobile and live in the same house, so it's not the transmitter

This message was authored by Adamw_92 This message was authored by: Adamw_92

I've got the same issues  had a minor drop of service last Monday. Then from Thursday afternoon no data at all. Spoken to Sky several times but they just try to upsell a phone and fob me off it will come on 24hrs later. The weekend I was away 200 miles from home but they were saying it was my mast at home that was the issue. Even though my other half at home had no issues after Friday. 

safe to say I'm glad I stopped working for the company a year ago. It's a shambles 

This message was authored by geoffw1946 This message was authored by: geoffw1946

Still no internet in Lincs, 5 days now.

This message was authored by JasonDe This message was authored by: JasonDe

My service is down, as is the service of many others. I have travelled around quite a lot and my service remains down wherever I am. 

Michaelquinn
Topic Author

So far so good, my phone sim is working, that's 24 hours since I reset it, it will take many weeks to months to trust sky with regards to reliability

This message was authored by geoffw1946 This message was authored by: geoffw1946

I have put my SIM into a different phone and it's now working, hope it lasts.

Michaelquinn
Topic Author

18/4/24 woke at 0730 to find SIM failed and turned off, I may have had an emergency call last night and was uncontactable thanks to SKY. So Sky last night were you working on the transmitter near low Moresby, Cumbria?

Michaelquinn
Topic Author

Time 10:25 18-4-24 just noticed my sim crashed again, second time today, I am awaiting a telephone appointment with my doctor. This is not good enough SKY. What are you doing?

Michaelquinn
Topic Author

Latest info, I requested a new SIM as old was crashes all the time, so far no issues, suggest you order a free new replacement sim. And the instructions are easy to follow

@Michaelquinn wrote:

So Sky last night were you working on the transmitter near low Moresby, Cumbria?

Sky do not own any transmitters.  They are MVNO on O2.

@Michaelquinn wrote:

This is not good enough SKY. What are you doing?

This is a customer to customer help forum - you are not contacting Sky from a post here.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion