Discussion topic: UHD programs not playing on Sky Go app

This message was authored by rebeccajason This message was authored by: rebeccajason

UHD programs not playing on Sky Go app

I have recorded some UHD sports programs and want to watch them on the Sky Go app however there is no option to play these. I am connected to the Sky Q box via the same Wi-Fi and have no problem playing other recorded programs. It seems to be only the UHD programs that don't have an option to play. The only opinion coming up is to delete the program. Is it possible to watch UHD recordings on Sky Go?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: UHD programs not playing on Sky Go app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No, only upto HD is supported.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@rebeccajason wrote:

I have recorded some UHD sports programs and want to watch them on the Sky Go app however there is no option to play these. I am connected to the Sky Q box via the same Wi-Fi and have no problem playing other recorded programs. It seems to be only the UHD programs that don't have an option to play. The only opinion coming up is to delete the program. Is it possible to watch UHD recordings on Sky Go?

hI @rebeccajason As suggested you can only watch content on the SKY Go App in SD or HD, UHD is not supported.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

As mentioned above, you can only watch sd and hd recordings on Sky Go.
You will need to also record the sd/hd versions if you want to watch thos rrecordings on Sky Go (in home connection mode) or on a Sky Q mini.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@rebeccajason

The issue is that the main Q box has recorded 'in UHD'' but neither it or the Sky Go app (or a Q Mini box) are capable of downscaling such resolution to something which other hardware can display: that's a reasonably hard job for a processor to handle, particularly in real time without introducing picture flaws or playback jitters.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
rebeccajason
Topic Author
This message was authored by rebeccajason This message was authored by: rebeccajason

Thanks for your help everyone!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion