Discussion topic: Skygo - Macbook - Download / install loop?

This message was authored by SkyHunterX This message was authored by: SkyHunterX

Re: Skygo - Macbook - Download / install loop?

Correction.

You do have to let the installer run its course until it ask you to "quit and reinstall" or something similar. Then use "Apple > Force quit..." or "cmd + alt + esc" and force quit the Sky Go installer (there might be two of them). Now you can head over to your home directory and the "Applications" folder inside it and copy the "Sky Go" into the "Applications" folder und "Macintosh HD".

You could also do it via the Terminal insted:
Open the finder press: "cmd + shift + U"

The Utilities folder will open double click on the "Termial" app

Copy and paste the following line and press enter:
~/Applications/Sky\ Go.app /Applications & open /Applications/Sky\ Go.app

The Sky Go App will copy to the right location and will be launched after the process is completed.

Third Mehtod (use causion, backup your mac first!!)
If nothing else works for you try this (this is a risky procedure!!):
Open the Finder press "cmd + shift + G"

Type in: "~/Applications"

Press Enter

Find the "Sky Go" App, right click on it and "copy"

Press "cmd + shift + G"

Type in: "/Applications" (!!Similar but not the same as the last command!!)

Press: "cmd + alt + V" (Will paste and delete the original of what ever you have copy before, use caution not to copy the wrong thing!!!)
Done.

This message was authored by deedeess This message was authored by: deedeess

Still cannot install SKY go on MAC

DS
This message was authored by Guy1960 This message was authored by: Guy1960

I've had this problem for ages and the reason does seem to be because Sky Go is installed in the User's Applications folder, not the Applications folder where all the other Applications are, as has been mentioned further down this thread. My solution is to quit Sky Go when it's on its second update download and move the Sky Go Application from the User's Application folder to the main Applications folder, then it is the latest version & works OK.

Clearly Sky's software developer's should make it install in the main Application folder, like other Mac software.

This message was authored by fergal+ohearga This message was authored by: fergal+ohearga

Skygo works ok, but every single time that I want to use it I have to download it all over again ... and it is devilishly hard to find the link on the Sky website, although of course I have learned to bookmark it. Macbook Pro user

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion