Discussion topic: Sky Go windows 11 app red splotches on screen.

This message was authored by ValdeFortis This message was authored by: ValdeFortis

Sky Go windows 11 app red splotches on screen.

Trying yo watch Sky sports on the sky Go windows 11 app and the whole screen had these red splotches all over it. It's like a red camo pattern. Its only sky sports that this happenes on. See picture. 

20231126_135114.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Sky Go windows 11 app red splotches on screen.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @ValdeFortis 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by PhilD6121 This message was authored by: PhilD6121

Can you explain any resolution to this issue. I have the exact same problem. please help

This message was authored by markius This message was authored by: markius

I also have the same problem that @ValdeFortis described.

It would be useful if the solution was posted here rather than hidden away in a private chat.

This message was authored by tellysportfan This message was authored by: tellysportfan

Yes, I am getting the same issue.  Any information on how to resolve would be most welcome, I find it very annoying.

Not sure why it is being kept behind private messaging.

When you think you are paying more for a quality stream by buying the hd services, you put fiber into the house and then some dipstick tech decides it will be a great idea to put a crazy identifying watermark over the top of the pristine image you would have got. If you compare the sky go stream to EVERY other streaming service you will see just how bad it really is.

I try my very hardest to avoid the sport and scifi programs on sky go as they are all such poor poor quality. I have asked for my money back but the people in the accounts and support desks make out like it must be my eyes, equipment or god. Maybe their chief exec worked for the post office.

This message was authored by tellysportfan This message was authored by: tellysportfan

I had considered it might be some form of watermark, if that is the case, that is appalling!  We pay for quality, not for it to be crippled!

And to reply to my own post, I have just done a bit more exploring on this.  It is indeed deliberate, as it actually only appears (for me at least) on the Sky Sports channels.  This app already places a huge overhead on the processor, to deliberately compromise the output is not nice!

Shisters ?

ValdeFortis
Topic Author
This message was authored by ValdeFortis This message was authored by: ValdeFortis

Hi all, OP here.

Private message from the sky rep basically just blamed my monitor.

Advised me to try a different one.

I tried 2 others and it was the same.

I will be cancelling my sky sports when the contract is over and sailing the seas to get my football fix. Its better quality, and cheaper.

Did they give any indication on what constitutes a monitor should work?  My guess is 15 inch matte laptop screen  = good, a 50 inch TV/monitor =  bad!

This message was authored by markius This message was authored by: markius

@ValdeFortis wrote:

Private message from the sky rep basically just blamed my monitor.

I've been able to demonstrate that not all channels are affected by the issue, so that should shut down the theory that it's a monitor problem.

If I get time tomorrow I'll give Sky CS a call, it's clear that they don't monitor these threads as much as they should.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A better use of your time @markius would be to email the apps team instead as call handlers are not going to be able to do anything:

apps@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion