Discussion topic: Sky Go not working in Spain - Irish customer

This message was authored by Gaviota This message was authored by: Gaviota

Re: Sky Go not working in Spain - Irish customer

I take the point @caesarome and @Annie+UK 

However, if I could get decent customer service from SKY, I could point out that nobody has used the Sky Box since I left.  Their current policy seems to be based on a suppostion of guilt rather than innocence and they offer no way of sorting it out.

The odd thing is that I could probably join a VPN and sort out the issue but why should I have to do that?

All this just to see a good rugby match on Saturday!!

Thanks for your help.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gaviota wrote:

I appreciate that there may be regulations about temporary portability.

For information: with a Sky television subscription at an address in RoI the relevant regulation is EU 2017/1128 'on cross-border portability of online content services in the internal market', presumably then enacted in Irish law.

As is typical with EU 'enabling' legislation, what 'temporary' means is not specifically defined, and so is left for each service provider to establish and enforce.

"temporarily present in a Member State’ means being present in a Member State other than the Member State of residence for a limited period of time"

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Gaviota This message was authored by: Gaviota

Thanks @TimmyBGood 

Yes indeed, EU is having quite a time.  I don't have any problem with that legislaion and its presumed aim to protect the interests of broadcasters.  However, my understanding is that it is SKY that is blocking me for whatever reason and for however long.  If that is correct then they should have some way I can sort it out with them.  I am hoping that perhaps some nice person in SKY reads these discussions and decides to change their approach.

The solution that I would have to go back to ROI, turn on my SkyGo app and then come back here is more worthy of a comedy script than of a major tech company.

By the way, I have tried the SKY Irish number  (ends in 99).  A recorded message says press zero to speak to an operator but that in fact hangs up the call.  Not the usual SKY quality.

If I do get a solution to this I will let you all know.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gaviota wrote:

By the way, I have tried the SKY Irish number  (ends in 99).  A recorded message says press zero to speak to an operator but that in fact hangs up the call.  Not the usual SKY quality.

I believe Sky closed down its RoI-specific support operating out of that country and it now runs out of the same infrastructure which covers the UK.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion