Discussion topic: Sky Go -code 1410 for TNT sports

This message was authored by Lynne7 This message was authored by: Lynne7

Sky Go -code 1410 for TNT sports

We can get Sky Sports etc. on Sky Go on a laptop as usual but cannot get TNT sports on the laptop although we can see this on our TV (we've just upgraded to SKYQ). We get the message "you need a relevant Sky subscription to watch this show, code 1410" for TNT sports only. 

I'm not great with technology and wonder whether I'm missing something obvious? Would be grateful for any help please.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go -code 1410 for TNT sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

One way to check is if TNT appears here for you:

https://www.sky.com/hub/tv?dr=s

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Do you pay Sky or BT for access to TNT via your Sky box ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Lynne7
Topic Author

We pay Sky for Sky Sports and we get Discovery Plus from Sky which I thought included TNT sports. We can certainly see it on our TV. We used to pay BT for BT sports but I haven't activated that subscription as I was going to cancel it as I thought it would be covered by Discovery Plus. Thanks for any help you can give.

The Sky Sports package doesn't include the TNT channels as that is a seperate package.

Could it be that you are still paying Bt for the TNT channels as all that happened here is they were renamed from BT Sports to TNT Sports.

Lynne7
Topic Author

We get Discovery Plus free with Sky with our new package (we've been with Sky for about 17 years and had a very old box and package previously) and I thought that Discovery Plus included TNT sports. I had an email from BT back in October which said I needed to activate Discovery Plus to be able to watch TNT through our BT subscription. I never did this so I think I must be watching through our Sky subscription on our TV if that makes sense? I was going to cancel BT Sports because of this. 

Really grateful for any help you're able to give. Do you think I've misunderstood our subscription?  

From what you have said you appear to be paying Bt for TNT access so if this is so you will not be able to view the channels via the Sky Go app as that is from customers who pay Sky.

Lynne7
Topic Author

Thanks for your answer. Have I misunderstood my new package with Sky? Although I've been paying BT for the BT sports package (for many years) I've not activated this (which BT said I had do to continue receiving it) since they changed from BT Sports to TNT sports recently. I can see TNT Sports on my TV and I assumed this was through my Discovery Plus which came free with my Sky subscription. I was told this included access to TNT Sports.

I really appreciate your help in getting my head around this as I don't want to be paying more than I have to! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

One way to check is if TNT appears here for you:

https://www.sky.com/hub/tv?dr=s

Lynne7
Topic Author

Thanks. Have just checked and Discovery Plus isn't listed in my products, although I can see this as an app on my TV and view it there.  Perhaps I'll give Sky a call tomorrow and just clarify. You've helped me understand it a lot better and I appreciate your time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion