Discussion topic: Secondary account for sky go

This message was authored by Julieh1000 This message was authored by: Julieh1000

Secondary account for sky go

I've read other posts about how to set up a secondary account for others to use Skygo without using my email address and I've followed various advice given but I just can't seem to do it.

I've called Sky for help but it's impossible to speak to someone. 

ideally I'd like to see the accounts already linked to my skyid and then set up an account for my daughter to use Skygo so she doesn't have to use my email address.

Please could somebody help?

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Secondary account for sky go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Julieh1000 

Another member has posted this about creating a secondary account:

Create a new account with Sky. To do this, head to https://sky.com. Make sure that you are not logged in with any other ID and click on Sign In. At the prompt for your username, type in the email address for the new Secondary ID. Assuming that this is an email address that Sky have not seen and registered before, you will then be prompted to create a password. Once you have done this, the new account will exist but will not be linked to anything.
When the new user ID has been verified and logged in, the "Details" section will offer a link to associate the ID with a Sky Account. DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK. It will make the new user ID an Authorised ID on your account and the owner of the new ID will be able to subscribe to new products, change billing details and do all the things that you probably don;t want them to do.
Logged in as the new user ID, head to https://www.sky.com/pages/sky-id-setup. On this page, there should be three options. The first is "Watch Only". This is the link that you need to add a Secondary Account. Clicking through that link takes you to a page that requires the Postcode of the address of the Sky account, and one of either the Account number, the last digits of the bank account that pays the bills or the Viewing Card number. I have seen it suggested that using the account number or bank details will generate an Authorised ID but I haven't tried that. I do know that using the Viewing Card number on this form did successfully generate a Seondary ID
When the new user id is associated with your account, the main account authorised user will receive an email telling them about it. That email contains a link which says that you can manage your account additional users by following it. Naturally that link does not work. To manage the additional users on your account (which means view and/or remove rather than anything that I would interpret "manage" to mean) you need to head to https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details and scroll down until you reach the "Additional Users" section. If using the mobile App, click on the profile picture icon and choose My Details...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Julieh1000
Topic Author
This message was authored by Julieh1000 This message was authored by: Julieh1000

Thank you caesarome

Unfortunately I can't seem get past the first instruction.
I've logged out of my Sky account browser and app.

From the sky.com website I selected the login. Then on the 'Let's get started' page I entered the new email address which I want to set up to link to my account.  I get the message 'oops! We cannot find an account with those details please try again. No option to create a new account.

This message was authored by teejay231 This message was authored by: teejay231

I have tried creating a secondary account following the steps above and it doesn't work. I was told to use my viewing card number but the only options available seem to be using your primary account number or bank account number. I can't seem to find a place for viewing card number. Called customer service and they were not able to help.

This message was authored by jpdw01 This message was authored by: jpdw01

I've been trying to do the same thing (albeit to have additional access to Sky Sports app not especially Sky Go) -- and got the same outcome, that the only route that successfully leads to an additional SkyID being linked to an account end in the SkyID having (almost) full access (what MySky's "My Details" page refers to as an "Authorised SkyID") and not the "Secondary SkyID" we're looking for.

I've spent 97 minutes on the phone to Sky this afternoon, being bounced between (what seems like) a generic support team and an ID-related team.  I didn't get the best experience with the latter and I ended up talking to a very helpful agent in the former, who, whilst couldn't solve the issue, has agreed to call me back next week (at my suggestion --- I was bored at 97 mins, plus I guess there will be more eyes to investigate once xmas/ny are done) 

Following the process described @caesarome's, all seems to go ok till the /sky-id-setup page where the three options are presented but the first two (of which the first is the one I want) seem simply to be links straight back to sky.com homepage (At least, in both browsers I tried.), and that's where it fails.

Having talked to, probably, 6 or so agents today, I'm also surprised that none of them have been able to  "change" the status of the account ie downgrade from Authorised to Secondary. Shame as whilst that wouldn't solve something thats broken (or, at best an unintuitive user journey) it would have placated individual cases.

This message was authored by jpdw01 This message was authored by: jpdw01

So, the helpful agent called me back right at the time/day agreed. We ran through a few more things. She sent me a link to @caesarome's post again. And it failed the same again. Arranged to call me back again today 22 mins ago, but hasn't. Whilst waiting, I've tried the process again with a new never-seen-by-sky email address for the secodary (just in case). Same happens. I get the 3 boxes as described with the first one as "Watch only". The links for Watch only and the 2nd option look the same and just seem to dump you back at sky.com. Maybe anyone from skyid that stumble over this should have a poke around there....

This message was authored by richardkhill This message was authored by: richardkhill

@jpdw01 did you get any sort of resolution to this?

I'm having exactly the same problems trying to add a sky ID as secondary to my account.

Thx

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion