Discussion topic: Is it only me?

This message was authored by AlanM2 This message was authored by: AlanM2

Is it only me?

Reluctantly, I have decicded to leave SKY - my new contract was 70% more than my last one, and despite my not wanting to leave, SKY folks said they could not help! Ever since, we've had loads of new offers and "don't leave" mails - sorry you had the chance. I'm off to EE, but ironically will still buy all my SKY sport and other stuff via NOW TV! 

As a goodbye present, SKY have disabled my SKY GO - long before my actual exit - telling me that GO is a "discretionary service" for which I do not contract and for which I have no entitlement.  So, they are perfectly within their rights to stop it right away!  

I spoke to the Help Desk who assured me it could not be true, but sure enough a Go-Expert who assured me it was the case and that there was obvioulsly a "process issue" that the Help Desk was not aware! 

Whatever the legalities - and I will check, because the availability of a mobile device service was a primary inducement to join SKY and it does have a specific set of T&Cs - it just seems so petty and unreasonable.  Continuation of the service until the end of the contract does not seem unreasonable and the cost of provision is immaterial.  

I guess some SKY folks read the Community Posts too, maybe they'd like to comment on their mean spiritednesss?  

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Is it only me?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Go is an additional service if you are a Sky TV customer of which you still are until your services are cancelled so unless there has been a change of policy whereby we lose access to Sky Go when the cancellation notice goes in it does seem surprising that they have done.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
AlanM2
Topic Author
This message was authored by AlanM2 This message was authored by: AlanM2

Re: Is it only me?

This is exactly the discussion I had, and was assured there was nothing to be done.. 

It just seems so petty.

I have since laboured through the specific T&Cs and Go is a "no additional cost" service for SKY TV customers - with a different, enhanced paid service also available for added functionality, and with specific cancellation conditions. 

The reasons for the standard GO service to be withdrawn are seemingly silent on this particular topic.

In my simple head, you are a customer until you are not.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion