Discussion topic: Can't watch sky go on PS4 worked fine yesterday

This message was authored by rachjimzeb This message was authored by: rachjimzeb

Can't watch sky go on PS4 worked fine yesterday

I was asked to resign in to my sky account on my Ps4 today and when I log in I get the message

' You can't use sky go on this device yet. You'll need a sky Q multiscreen, Sky Glass whole home or Sky Go extra subscription to access Sky Go on this device. '

I haven't made any changes to my account or subcription and I am a Diamond VIP customer and was not told of any changes to my package or subscription. I have re-tried logging in to no avail and I was able to watch yesterday with no problem. Sky Go will work on my Ipad which is the other device I have connected to my account. I need a resolution as soon as possible please.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't watch sky go on PS4 worked fine yesterday

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rachjimzeb 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to rachjimzeb.

This message was authored by Web+Dr+Solutions This message was authored by: Web+Dr+Solutions

Hi, same thing happened to me today on PS4. I am getting the same message. Worked fine yesterday. Been on the chat with support and mentioned they'll reset signal and check back after 2hours. Been 5 hours and still same error message. I've deleted the app and re-signed in. 

Looks like it's happening to more than one of us from today. Any resolution / solutions for this? 

@Web+Dr+Solutions 

Are you using the "Tv from Sky" app on your PS4, if so from today that has been replaced by the Sky Go one so you will need to delete the former and install the Sky Go one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Web+Dr+Solutions This message was authored by: Web+Dr+Solutions

Hi, yes I'm using the 'Sky Go' app, it's the only one available in the playstation apps store (just did a double check just now). It's version 1.08. 

And do you have Sky Q Multiscreen, Sky Glass Whole Home or Sky Go extra subscription on your account ?

I should have Sky Go Extra. Though I don't see the standard Sky Go listed on services. Only ability to manage devices in Sky Go. Also no option to upgrade if I wasn't.  Did a quick search, not in VIP rewards either (11 Years - Platinum). Once the Sky Go app updated to version 1.08 today (on PS4), that's when it occured. 

This message was authored by Ben+1987 This message was authored by: Ben+1987

Likewise my sky go account has stopped working today - trying to log in (know detais are correct) but not working. 

have sky go extra and a PlayStation 4 on the sky go app! 

This message was authored by Ben+1987 This message was authored by: Ben+1987

Appears to be working now - app looks completely different.

@Ben+1987 

From today the TV from Sky app has been replaced by the Sky Go app on PS4 consoles.

@Web+Dr+Solutions wrote:

I should have Sky Go Extra. 

@Web+Dr+Solutions 

If you have Sky Go Extra it would be listed on your bill here under the TV section so does this appear:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

@caesarome yes, it's not listed on my bill. So called up on the 0333 number to get it added. You can't do it via the Sky website. Hopefully that fixes the issue. They've given me 12 months free sky go extra and then it's £5 per month extra. Though my contract ends before 12 months, so will rengotiate before the price rise. 

Posting it up here as I am sure others will encounter this change in service without notification. I hope it helps, those that need the assitance 😎 Will post back up here, if the solution doesn't work (I hope it does 😅

rachjimzeb
Topic Author
This message was authored by rachjimzeb This message was authored by: rachjimzeb

Had a chat yesterday with the sky team and I had to add back Sky Go Extra by ringing up customer services and getting it put on manually as the online team couldn't do this and it wasn't showing up in my VIP rewards. It did not work immediately but I was advised that it could take up to 48 hours but thankfully it works today. Anyone still experiencing the issue I'd suggest ringing up as it was the only way to add Sky Go Extra back on.

I assume the update to the app yesterday caused the issues and I must say I'm not a fan of the new app interface it seems slower than before.

Thanks all for the help, I hope everyone else gets it sorted out soon 🙂

@rachjimzeb yes I did the same yesterday, though my Sky Go is still showing the same error message on PS4. Hopefully the wait isn't too long more. 24 hours since changes. Probably another 24 hours more for me.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion