Discussion topic: Unable to access MySky

This message was authored by paulbw67 This message was authored by: paulbw67

Unable to access MySky

Since a sky expert managed to accidentally cancel my products (reinstated yesterday after 3 hours on the telephone) I cannot access my bills, product info, etc through sky.com. If I try through MySky I get the following message. 

paulbw67_0-1707555999419.png

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Unable to access MySky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@paulbw67 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent paulbw67 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
paulbw67
Topic Author

No, another hour on the phone and I was assured all was fixed, I just needed to wait 3 hours for the changes to work through the system.

I waited 18 hours before trying again. 

Absolutely no change.

Same errors as before.

I am beginning to despair that this will never get fixed. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What was the result of the chat you had with the messaging team ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
paulbw67
Topic Author

Please see last post.

It was:

No, another hour on the phone and I was assured all was fixed, I just needed to wait 3 hours for the changes to work through the system.

I waited 18 hours before trying again. 

Absolutely no change.

Same errors as before.

I am beginning to despair that this will never get fixed. 

Note: as someone with many years experience of complex software, I find it disturbing that this cannot be easily fixed.

i can login and see my details and other information.

Therefore, there must be a flag on my user ID barring me from access to Bills/messages.

Or a flag on the Billing/messaging databases, barring my user ID from access.

A User account should be one of the simplest things to resolve, regarding access, as every user has a unique ID.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @paulbw67 , on the chat we discussed that you would need to speak to the Sky ID team because your email was linked to an old account. Which is why you were struggling to link the new info. 

Our team unfortunately cannot support with the unlinking process. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with the ID team, sadly they don't have a messaging service like ours do and you can only get to them by being transferred to them via the customer service team. 

We can only suggest to try again with them as they're the only ones who have the system access to unlink old accounts. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
paulbw67
Topic Author

Yes, and that's something else that is very odd.

That one group within Sky cannot communicate with another group within Sky to resolve a problem, before responding to the user that the problem is fixed.

What is the point of me spending more time on the phone when all i do is login, see if it's fixed, then logout while they try something else?

Sky know my user Id and password, they can test to see if the problem is fixed without me hanging on the telephone.

It worked last week, it worked briefly on Thursday, it can't be difficult.

Unfortunatley, if i don't call the SkyID team they will most certainly drop the issue.

So i'm stuck

paulbw67
Topic Author

UPDATE

Called SKY on Monday 12th at 14:30

Was assured by the advisor that he would escalate this to his manager and they would definately get it sorted, he promised.

Someone will ring me when it is done.

It's now 4 days and I'm still waiting - How long should i wait? 

paulbw67
Topic Author

another day, another hour on the telephone - still not resolved.

☹️

paulbw67
Topic Author

3 requests to SKY admin support this week - all ignored.

This message was authored by DMH56 This message was authored by: DMH56

I'm having the same problem. Cannot access my account.  Won't accept my postcode. The mysky app is a waste of time. Good luck! 

This message was authored by Herboxford This message was authored by: Herboxford

Same problem here. Was advised to email the Sky App team mysky.app@sky.uk which I did last Monday. No reply to date. Unable to access Sky Rewards from anywhere else other than via My Sky app. Have spoken to two people so far in customer services and they just say it needs to be dealt with by the Sky App team, which isn't much use when you can't get hold of them or they don't reply to emails. 

paulbw67
Topic Author

It's so frustrating that they can't assign one person, or team, to work on the problem until it's fixed. 

This message was authored by DMH56 This message was authored by: DMH56

It's actually quite unbelievable regarding how big the "Sky Empire" is that they can't provide their customers with a usable app.  which they can use without so many glitches. Is it really that difficult in this day and age?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion