Discussion topic: Error messages when i to access the website Unfortunately we can't process your request online right

This message was authored by Michal+L This message was authored by: Michal+L

Re: Error messages when i to access the website Unfortunately we can't process your request online r

I have the same issue but no help so far.

From what I understand it is due to the multiple accounts problem as mentioned before.

below is my example:

I can find two accounts in my billing section:

account 1 - account number 123 - it is an inactive old 'Sky' account.

account 2 - account number 456 - a new one - an active broadband account 'Broadband and Talk bill'

When I go to "My Profile" section it shows "BB and Talk account number 123" instead "BB and Talk account number 456".

I believe that there is a total mess up with the way the data is pulled (I am software developer by trade) and instead pulling the details of the new account it pulls the combination of the details of old and new accounts.

Therefore if I try to look for the new offeres, system checks the offers against an account 123 instead of account 456. Because account 123 is an inactive, therefore it comes up with an error.

It is clearly a messed up SQL querry that pulls the incorrect data in the first place and then feeds it further for next requests.

I am supprised it hasn't been addressed yet by Sky... and the developers eho created it should by kicked in back side for it...

I have seen this error now for years. I believe that this faulty SQL querry was developed a long time ago and it was fine for the time being. Once the system was developed further, the fatal flow finaly manifested due to the bad design.

I hope this issue will be addressed sooner than later.

This message was authored by Michal+L This message was authored by: Michal+L

Re: Error messages when i to access the website Unfortunately we can't process your request online r

Also, customer support team won't have a scooby about the problem and how to solve it. It have to be addressed by developers.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Michal+L if you log in to your details here, you may have the option to unlink the old inactive account: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Otherwise,speak to Sky. The call centre advisers may not be able to address it themselves but they can raise a CRF so that it can be looked at by the development team.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Mark39 wrote:

@Michal+L if you log in to your details here, you may have the option to unlink the old inactive account: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Another way to possibly do this is to login to your old account and remove the email address from it as this will then free it up to be used with your newer account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lozmitch This message was authored by: Lozmitch

Having this problem have done for months, I get in touch and they are useless do nothing about it!! I want to pay of my credit agreement yet so nothing about it I do not have the time to be sitting on hold for hours !! 

This message was authored by sceptic101 This message was authored by: sceptic101

This error has been bugging me for what seems like years now. I've tried multiple devices/browsers etc so I can see the issue is not at my end and must be something to do with my account (diamond VIP, Sky HD boxes, Sky Broadband and Mobile) I get exactly the same error as @personatron detailed earlier in this thread. Has anyone who has contacted Sky about this issue managed to resolve i? You'd think if Sky know what the issue is they'd be able to knock up some SQL or a utility to find affected accounts and potentially fix whatever data issue causes this. 

Drx-890W (4f31b7, Main, 2TB, Active Mode, Powerline 1200 av2)
Drx-890W (4f3127, Secondary, 2TB, Active Mode, Hardwired, S.F. Mode)
Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 + Sky Fibre Unlimited (STB's only)
This message was authored by topgear+amazon This message was authored by: topgear+amazon

Same message seems like this web site problem is an old ongoing error which Sky cant be bothered to fix.

Well sky as you cant help me I  have now signed uyp with BT thanks for nothing and goodbye.

This message was authored by pudntwink This message was authored by: pudntwink

I have made so many calls and mailed sky regarding this problem and now it's stopping me getting the free paramountplus service. Here is the response and hopfully help you all with the reson why it's broken and they say this cannot be fixed. Basically if you were with sky and cancelled then return at any point, your original sky id will link to your new returning customer and stop you being able to do almost anything on the mysky webpage. They informaed me the backend team were working on this over 2 years ago and guess what...they are working on it still, so this is a big fat lie >

I’m sorry to hear that your previous experience with us was unsatisfactory, and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Having accessed your Sky Account, On accessing your Sky Account, I see that your Sky ID has been linked to a cancelled account. The ID cannot be unlinked from the incorrect Core Account and creating a new Sky ID does not resolve this issue.

However, our backbend team is still working on it.

Hence, you will not be able to complete activation and use Paramount+ through Sky Cinema on your Sky Q box.

Therefor, I am sorry to inform you that we will not able to provide any compensation for that.

Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can reply to my email.

Kind regards
Reshma

Sky Help Centre

This message was authored by Bells81 This message was authored by: Bells81

This is exactly what happens to me, I can't upgrade,look at offers, can't even activate paramount+, as soon as I sign in the error message comes up. I have spoke  to sky several times and still unable to access it. Have u had any response since you posted this?

This message was authored by willwills45 This message was authored by: willwills45

Yes on many occasions

It seems to be mostly when there are promotions on or anything free.

William
This message was authored by Troysrus This message was authored by: Troysrus

This error is still happening and its 2023 now!!! I have tried over the last few weeks but always get the message

Unfortunately we can't process your request online right now

Please try again later or alternatively view the status of your account.

This message was authored by Loakem This message was authored by: Loakem

Still getting this error - have been for years. Shoddy to say the least. How much money are sky losing by not addressing this? I guess not enough yet.

This message was authored by Daxie This message was authored by: Daxie

Has anyone had an update on this please? 
I  don't know why they bother offering a free trial if you can't acces it! 

This message was authored by Nesslad This message was authored by: Nesslad

I have been getting this in My Sky for over 2 weeks now but only when I want to manage my Sky Stream package. If I click on mobile or broadband it works ok. 

This message was authored by Kate+and+Rob This message was authored by: Kate+and+Rob

And still this rumbles on....

Unable view bills / package /upgrade online.  Same "something has gone wrong" or "not available right now" messages as everyone else. Tried all suggestions.

It is astounding that Sky do not think fixing this issue is of any importance. I'm sure with enough effort and money by the right team, this is fixable.

I work in IT and if this was my employer the big wigs would be all over me by now for not having fixed it.  Maybe as it doesnt make money its not seen as critical though the amount of time and calls their phone team would then save does have a financial implication. Also customer retention would improve as customers wound get so annoyed at not being able to manage their accounts. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion