Discussion topic: ios 16.5.1 update has corrupted my email settings

This message was authored by MikePB This message was authored by: MikePB

ios 16.5.1 update has corrupted my email settings

After the latest iPad update (16.5.1) my Sky emails started failing intermittently (both send and receive) and error messages cite "incorrect password" as the problem even though I have not changed the password. I tried retyping the password but that didn't work so I deleted the Sky mail account from my iPad and tried to readd. Following Sky's instructions to use the Yahoo!option to add the account results in this on every attempt mail error.jpg Whereas manually adding the Sky account using the 'other' option results in this error at the verification stage despite the fact that the password has clearly been entered (checked and double checked for accuracy). AT my wits end and wondering if anyone has had same problem?

mail 2.jpg

All Replies

MikePB
Topic Author
This message was authored by MikePB This message was authored by: MikePB

Re: ios 16.5.1 update has corrupted my email settings

I should have said that the password doesn't appear on the second photo because it won't let you screen grab the password field for obvious reasons. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: ios 16.5.1 update has corrupted my email settings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The image can't be shown as it shows your Sky email address in the username section. However on it the password section is blank so have you tried a generated password in it, you can create this 16 digit

password here:

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps?client=email

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion