Discussion topic: emails filtered into folders on sky yahoo website are not downloading to outlook

This message was authored by lag950 This message was authored by: lag950

emails filtered into folders on sky yahoo website are not downloading to outlook

My emails are filtered into folders on sky yahoo website. Any emails in these folders are not downloading to outlook. I have tried outlook 2007 on laptop and outlook app on android phone, both are the same.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: emails filtered into folders on sky yahoo website are not downloading to outlook

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Prior to today has this been working for you or has it never worked ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: emails filtered into folders on sky yahoo website are not downloading to outlook

@lag950 wrote:

My emails are filtered into folders on sky yahoo website.

Do you mean you have moved them into other folders yourself?

If so, and you can't see them in Outlook, it will be because you are using POP instead of IMAP to access your email.

lag950
Topic Author

I used to work

lag950
Topic Author

Emails are moved into folders using the filter option, and outlook doesn't download the content of the folders. Another issue is that if I read an email on the Web, it does not download into outlook.

@lag950 wrote:

Emails are moved into folders using the filter option, and outlook doesn't download the content of the folders. Another issue is that if I read an email on the Web, it does not download into outlook.

As i said, you will be using POP on Outlook, that only downloads emails from the inbox.

If you set outlook to use IMAP, it will synchronise what you see in Outlook with what is on the web.

lag950
Topic Author

Tried IMAP. Still not downloading folders, in fact computer says IMAP doesn't allow sub folders in the inbox.

@lag950 wrote:

Tried IMAP. Still not downloading folders, in fact computer says IMAP doesn't allow sub folders in the inbox.

That is correct, the folders shouldn't be in the Inbox. move them out using webmail so they are elsewhere.

jayach_0-1688647654073.png

Funnily enough, my sister had the same problem when she started using IMAP.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion