Discussion topic: Yahoo Mail & Outlook Issue

This message was authored by sni77er This message was authored by: sni77er

Yahoo Mail & Outlook Issue

Since yesterday, withiout any changes to my account details in either sky/yahoo or outlook on my MAC, my Inbox 'empties' of all emails, which then re-appear after a 'sync' on the mailbox.  If I have deleted a number of emaisl, they re-appear after the re-sync?!

I checked online directly with my Yahoo Inbox and this has nothing after July 2021...bizarre.

New emails do come through, but the inbox randomly empties and emails ony re-appaear after a sync, so I don't appear to be losing any, but it's making it difficult to manage.

I've completeely empited delted emails folder, but emails I delete from the inbox, re-appear after a sync.... really annoying....

I'd love to speak to someone at Sky or Yahoo, but it's proving impossible...

Cheers

Steve

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Yahoo Mail & Outlook Issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try moving your emails out of the inbox as really the inbox should not be used to save all your emails as they should be stored in different folders to prevent issues like this happening.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
sni77er
Topic Author
This message was authored by sni77er This message was authored by: sni77er

Hi, thanks....I have very few emails in my inbox.....I move them to an appropriate folder as soon as pos, however there are a few that I leave in there for visibility.  The thing is, right now it can be tricky to move emails, as it effectively 'empties' before I get a chance.  They do re-appear, luckily....but it's a weird phenomena, it could be Outlook that's playing up, or something wrong with Yahoo Mail.  

There certainly is something wrong with the online mailbox, as it's showing mail from 2021 as the latest, so I wouldn't be able to use it if my MAC or Outlook crashed.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sni77er wrote:

There certainly is something wrong with the online mailbox, as it's showing mail from 2021 as the latest, so I wouldn't be able to use it if my MAC or Outlook crashed.

Your online inbox (accessed via sky.com) is the accurate record of what your Sky Yahoo Mail account actually contains. Yahoo Mail, and therefore also Sky Yahoo Mail, has an unfortunate habit of randomly deleting emails from your Inbox. I'm wondering if that's the underlying cause of the issues you're having.

EDited to add: you might be able recover the missing emails via Yahoo's utility here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2552.html;_ylt=Awr.gi6hdWZk1jIAbXlLBQx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNpcjIEcG9zAzEEdnRpZA...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion