Discussion topic: Threat to close my Sky Yahoo email account unless I upgrade to the latest version. Is this a scam?

This message was authored by SMIFFY41 This message was authored by: SMIFFY41

Threat to close my Sky Yahoo email account unless I upgrade to the latest version. Is this a scam?

I have had various threats to cancel my sky Yahoo email account proporting to be from sky, unless I get the  latest upgraded version.

The last email I received was yesterday giving me 2 days notice of closure, is this a scam?

My Norton Protection has labled this latest email as SPAM.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Threat to close my Sky Yahoo email account unless I upgrade to the latest version. Is this a sca

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SMIFFY41 wrote:

That is correct as it is a spam mail as it isn't from Sky or Yahoo. Your account is safe as you don't and will not ever need to upgrade anything on it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Threat to close my Sky Yahoo email account unless I upgrade to the latest version. Is this a sca

Yes, it's a well reported scam. There's no upgraded version of Sky Yahoo Mail. Just make it as spam.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@SMIFFY41 wrote:

That is correct as it is a spam mail as it isn't from Sky or Yahoo. Your account is safe as you don't and will not ever need to upgrade anything on it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Jasmin52 This message was authored by: Jasmin52

I get at least one of these emails a day.  How can I stop them?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jasmin52  Simply mark them as spam & delete them, unfortunately there isn't a way to stop them.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion