Discussion topic: Spam 'Sky' Emails

This message was authored by Amymorag This message was authored by: Amymorag

Spam 'Sky' Emails

About twice a day i get spam emails from various accounts about verifying my account, and shutting down my account soon, and other threats like that.

It's clearly spam as it always comes from a dodgy looking email with low quality images and the wrong sky logos. 

Every time I mark them as spam but they keep coming through! 

How can I stop being sent them?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Spam 'Sky' Emails

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Amymorag  You can't as they will be getting sent from  different email addfresses, all you can do is keep marking them as spam and deleting them.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Apollo123 This message was authored by: Apollo123

I have received 5 emails today telling me that my Sky email account is being closed and each time I mark them as spam and block the caller but they are still coming through.   Surely there is something that can be done to stop them.    Can they be forwarded to someone to investigate?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What would you suggest? The people sending,these emails are almost certainly abroad. Even if the authorities were able sht them down, they'd just start.up again elsewhere.

No, I'm afraid it's up to you to intercept them. Or switch to another email provider with better filtering - Gmail, for example.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion